Cleaning What looks like Sun block off of my mask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've found that carrying some of those sealed, alcohol rubs (like the ones you use before getting a shot) will help cut the oil and grease that comes off your face without harming anything. Then you can followup with whatever brand of defog you like. I carry bunches of these in my dive bag (to share on the boat with others :eek:) )

Ahh good thought, I hadn't thought of that.

Well I actually did this one (dish soap and water) yesterday, followed up with some eye glass cleaner that I had purchased from Wal-Mart, and then hit it with some defog, and the streak is now gone. Thanks for the tips.

As the OP's question has been answered- what about clear silicone discolouration/discoloration :)

My wife has a Pro-ear and the nose pocket is disgusting. I have a black Cressi and I have even taken sandpaper to it to remove some hardcore gunk. After pretty much every dive I soak briefly in soapy water, and then take a brillo sponge and give the inside a brief scratch to try to remove build up, but it's still there.

As the OP's question has been answered- what about clear silicone discolouration/discoloration :)

My wife has a Pro-ear and the nose pocket is disgusting. I have a black Cressi and I have even taken sandpaper to it to remove some hardcore gunk. After pretty much every dive I soak briefly in soapy water, and then take a brillo sponge and give the inside a brief scratch to try to remove build up, but it's still there.

My mask also has a clear skirt. At one point it started to turn a dingy yellow. Here's what I did to allieviate that: Used the good old toothpaste (actual paste, not gel) and warm water trick and it took it off really well, and now it's a nice clear mask again without the yellow dinge to it. Just make sure that you use the toothbrush on the skirt, both inside and out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom