Cleaning up a quarry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget the fish. Real rock quarries don't have fish, in fact they don't have thousands of gallons of water either so we should remove that too.

This take me back to my original answer to clean it. Drain it, wash it down and let it sit. If you want to fill it back up faster, add a well and a pump or two, but that wouldn't be natural.

I think you can find the 1-pound lift bags in the same aisle as garbage bags at Jewel. Some of them even have little zippers to make sure they are closed.
I would also consider pouring a concrete bottom in the quarry once everything is removed as to keep a nice clean bottom that would make future cleanings easier.

I think you can find the 1-pound lift bags in the same aisle as garbage bags at Jewel. Some of them even have little zippers to make sure they are closed.
I would also consider pouring a concrete bottom in the quarry once everything is removed as to keep a nice clean bottom that would make future cleanings easier.

... and don't forget a drain plug.

Ohh wow! How foolish of me...this entire time i've been worried about the crap in the quarry...but as pointed out...the water itself is not natural. It must be removed!

There already is a drain plug in the quarry that will be removed and the quarry drained.

Hey ... maybe we could then mine some rock and sell it? Good idea?

Hey - then we could use the money to buy some trucks, boats, and other things, place them in the quarry, fill it with water, and dive it!

Hey - then we could use the money to buy some trucks, boats, and other things, place them in the quarry, fill it with water, and dive it!

Now you, my friend, are a forward thinking individual!

Be sure and charge $20 per diver!! :D

You guys are forward thinking...no doubt. Let's do it.

Here is the plan...drain the quarry of all water, remove all rocks, trucks, etc and sell them for a profit. We can sell the fish to locals as well.

The important thing now is the quarry must be cleaned. We need volunteers to help scrub the quarry down over a weekend. Should only take a few hours each day.

Once this is all clean, we need to use the money you received to buy rocks, trucks, and fish. We then need water piped in to the quarry at a fast rate so we can start diving this right away.

What about my 5lb lift bags?

Back
Top Bottom