Cleaning up a quarry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about my 5lb lift bags?[/quote]

Sell them as part of a DIY BCD equipment?

Wouldn't it be more natural if we were to drain the quarry, remove trucks and the like and then fill the quarry with all the rocks that were removed? Theses aren't natural holes in the ground.

You guys are forward thinking...no doubt. Let's do it.

Here is the plan...drain the quarry of all water, remove all rocks, trucks, etc and sell them for a profit. We can sell the fish to locals as well.

The important thing now is the quarry must be cleaned. We need volunteers to help scrub the quarry down over a weekend. Should only take a few hours each day.

Once this is all clean, we need to use the money you received to buy rocks, trucks, and fish. We then need water piped in to the quarry at a fast rate so we can start diving this right away.

What about my 5lb lift bags?

You guys are forward thinking...no doubt. Let's do it.

Here is the plan...drain the quarry of all water, remove all rocks, trucks, etc and sell them for a profit. We can sell the fish to locals as well.

The important thing now is the quarry must be cleaned. We need volunteers to help scrub the quarry down over a weekend. Should only take a few hours each day.

Once this is all clean, we need to use the money you received to buy rocks, trucks, and fish. We then need water piped in to the quarry at a fast rate so we can start diving this right away.

Why don't we sell the water that we pumped out. That way we can buy more rocks, trucks and fish. can't dive it we might as well sell it.

Wouldn't it be more natural if we were to drain the quarry, remove trucks and the like and then fill the quarry with all the rocks that were removed? Theses aren't natural holes in the ground.

The problem with filling the quarry with the rocks they removed in the first palce, is they form the road-bed for I-57.....If we tear that up, it's going to make driving home a real pain. Then I'll have to take US-52/45 and according to google maps, that's gonna add 5 minutes to my drive home, making it over an hour!!

If you guys insist on filling the quarry back up with the original rocks, you are going to have to count me out! I'm not driving more than an hour to dive in a quarry where the vis has been ruined by all kinds of un-natural objects (trucks and the like) and fish!

You guys are awesome...I have been thinking about this all weekend. We can't use the original rocks...for one, we are selling them. That would be just stupid to buy them right back..I mean..come on here. Let's use some common sense.

Instead, we can buy new rocks..all kinds of different shapes and colors. We should also buy saltwater fish and see how long we can keep them alive. Imagine seeing a parrot fish in the quarry...hehe

You guys are awesome...I have been thinking about this all weekend. We can't use the original rocks...for one, we are selling them. That would be just stupid to buy them right back..I mean..come on here. Let's use some common sense.

Instead, we can buy new rocks..all kinds of different shapes and colors. We should also buy saltwater fish and see how long we can keep them alive. Imagine seeing a parrot fish in the quarry...hehe

think we could also do something like a life-sized treasure chest that periodically opens up and blows bubbles? You know, like one sees in fish tanks?

Hey, did you ever blow bubbles as a kid?

BTW, sorry about your thread... :)

I still blow bubbles with my kids.

The thread took a funny turn, yet still kinda answered my question :D

Good.

I apologize to anyone, except SwimJim, that I may have offended for my insensitive and cruel behavior during the course of this thread and the ensuing posts containted within.

Thank You

Back
Top Bottom