Cleaning Double hose regulator hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks,
I was thinking about vinegar because I use it to keep away ear infections. I just was not sure about the effect on rubber.

I just got done refurbishig a Healthways Scuba double hose single stage. It breath like a dream. Dove it in a NC quarry site. People just stared like I was te creatuer from the Black Lagoon.
Thanks againHal41

I clean all my gear in a tub of water and Simple Green. I disconnect the hoses and mouth piece soak and rinse... Afterward I hang the hoses and let them drip dry.

During the summer I dive one of my DH regulators every weekend. I rinse the regulator after every dive. After I am done for the weekend, I disconnect the hoses and rinse them with plenty of fresh water and hang them to dry.

Sometimes I blow dry the inside of them with a hair blower with no heat. Occasionally I use dish washing detergent and a round soft bottle brush.

I don’t normally worry about sanitizing them since the intake hose is always dry. It is not like the hoses on a re-breather.

I am not sure about the vinegar, I don't think you should use it on rubber parts. I don't do anything but mild Ivory Liquid and rarely that. I have washed them in the washing machine, cold water and some liquid type soap. N

Back
Top Bottom