Question Double hose backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KiwandaChris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking for a backplate to help with better positioning with my double hose regulator. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

@SubseaSports makes one. Other options are to look for a used VDH plate (hard to find) or cut your own. I started with a plastic plate I cut from a cheap cutting board. It worked like a charm until I happened into a VDH plate. Now I have some of each. If you want to cut your own, let me know. I have a couple patterns I can give you.

Respectfully,

James

I've been using a stainless Freedom Plate with my DHR since 2020. Search for Freedom plate on here. Eric Sedletzky makes them. I recently bought an aluminum Subsea plate and a smaller wing, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

There's a VDH backplate on Ebay right now for the low price of 250.00$. It's been relisted multiple times most likely due to the price.

Here's one, plastic backplate filled with lead

022.JPG

Screw a wing to one

IMG_5253.JPG

and enjoy

Screenshot (67).png

Works good

@KiwandaChris as posted above, DIY is definitely an option or use a plastic backpack as happydiver posted. Piranha Dive as some affordable options in that regard.
I make a Vintage Plate that is designed for double hose regulators using a traditional single piece harness. What wing are you using or plan to use?

Subsea Backplates

The hollow plastic pack with the handle often doesn't fit doublehose regs very well. Placement of the regulator needs to be lower than you can achieve with them.

I had my own made based on a photocopy of a real VDH plate.

I don't know what's happening with VDH, but if there isn't going to be any more of those plates I at least have a vendor and can get some made.
I had mine made from brass, on account of being a weirdo.
I think stainless would have been a similar price.

I have a Subsea sports aluminum double hose backplate and have used it with both a VDH 23lb wing and a DGX S1 30lb wing and both work great.

I had my own made based on a photocopy of a real VDH plate.

I don't know what's happening with VDH, but if there isn't going to be any more of those plates I at least have a vendor and can get some made.
I had mine made from brass, on account of being a weirdo.
I think stainless would have been a similar price.

I’m interested….

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom