Question Double hose backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been diving the VDH plate since they came out. Sadly, they are NLA. I have recently gotten a Subsea ("custom" x-long), and will be using it this year. Looks to be an excellent option.

I have not yet converted to a backplate. I still use the older-style “military” harness on my doubles, which positions my double hose regulators at just exactly the correct position. For a single tank, I usually use either a plastic backpack, or my old Healthways pak (a a black plate with a blue harness) from the 1970s. I usually use my own design front-mount BCD with this setup.

SeaRat

Attachments

• 85D9466D-7E3E-428D-87D1-08FBFF3D7673.jpeg
    85D9466D-7E3E-428D-87D1-08FBFF3D7673.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 0C8D9964-0134-4AEA-9CA9-0D8630686BD9.jpeg
    0C8D9964-0134-4AEA-9CA9-0D8630686BD9.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 51
I have a Subsea sports aluminum double hose backplate and have used it with both a VDH 23lb wing and a DGX S1 30lb wing and both work great.
I have it on good authority that I’m getting a Subsea sports aluminum double hose backplate for my birthday next month. I was looking at the DGX Gears S1 Single Wing. Are you still liking it with that plate?

I have it on good authority that I’m getting a Subsea sports aluminum double hose backplate for my birthday next month. I was looking at the DGX Gears S1 Single Wing. Are you still liking it with that plate?
I think it works great. I have no complaints with about 40 dives on the setup. Don't tighten the straps too much in order to get good can placement. It is easy when gearing up on a boat while sitting to get the can too high and performance of the double hose will suffer. If you don't like it I'll buy it from you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom