Question Hi guys. I'm thinking putting a BOV on a vintage Voit Trieste 2 double hose regulator.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would probably not do that. Anything that moves the center of the diaphragm further from the diver's back is going to increase the distance from the center of the diaphragm to the center of the divers lungs thus increasing the WOI. And tilting the can so that the supply side horn is nearer is also moving the center of the diaphragm further from the lungs. So, yes, I am skeptical of this procedure.

The Trieste was cool looking but the tiny, stiff diaphragm coupled with an inefficnet Venturi (and fixed yoke) ruined what could have been a game changer for DH regulators. Yes, some have taken the body and teamed with a full size diaphragm or other modifications, some very successful, but IMO a Trieste is a nice collectable and that is about it, maybe large frogs in small ponds might get away with them on occasion but small fishes in very large oceans, might just get eaten by large fishes with teeth :shocked:.

This is what you want, centered between the shoulder blades, diaphragm as close to the back as possible and square to the diver. I am sure Mr John could school a few folks on it :wink:.

This being from the Bible of SCUBA diving, handed down by God from a burning sea fan, there is nothing in the THE BOOK about tilting the regulator this way or that.
AMEN to that, ‘Nemrod’ ( …nice thing is, I am learning new things constantly ) Thank You for your Input 🙂

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom