Cis-Lunar's DSV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrySuitDave

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Angeles, where the debris meets the sea
I agree with the sentiment expressed elsewhere that the Cis-Lunar Mk5p was the Cadillac of CCr's.

I am considering aquiring a DSV with a built in bailout regulator for my Inspiration. I have seen Bob Howells nice new unit, and I hear Divematics makes a unit that uses the US Divers Micron 2nd stage.

I am interested in the most compact unit I can find. Now I have seen a closeup photo of the Cis Lunar's system which has a built in bailout 2nd stage. It also appears to be the most compact. Does anyone know who made it for Cis-Lunar?

As an owner of Bobs one, Its 2mm bigger than the original front to back and the only extra is the DV on the bottom

The reason the dv is a separate blob is so it can swivle, which makes it extremely comfortable, basically the swivle removes the stiffness from the Associated medium Prseeure hose

Its also far smoother to operate than the original Inspiration valve (one handed is easy) and WOB is reduced over the original (and hence is certainly currently the lowest WOB rebreather being manufactured)

Weight wise it is completely neutral in the water and will stay exact;y where you put it, unlike the orignal that heads for the surface. It also looks goods :)

One nice tough is its far easier to teach a buddy how it works and you can visually see its setting instantly.

Its just as easy to swap. It takes the original large flapper valves and the original hose fittings, its a 1 min job to take on or off

Build quality is amazing. it uses dirty great engineering O rings, all with double seals and is easy to field strip

In short, do add it to you must look list. Photo's etc on my site as usual

Back
Top Bottom