Christmas lights........

Which do you prefer to decorate with????

• Multi color bulbs

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Solid color bulbs

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • White/clear bulbs

Votes: 33 52.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HAH!

Hey - if you got kids, rock on. Turn your house and lawn into holiday playland.

We're child-free, so having a house you can land a plane by or a lawn that looks like a pop-up book would be just a little wacky.

---
Ken

Rick Inman:
I don't care what kind of bulbs you have, as long as you take them off your house by February. People with Christmas lights up in July should be ticketed, unless you live in a trailer house, in which case it's permissible to leave them up all year (extra points if they never work, even during the Christmas season). :D
I'll second that....man law?

There is something rather peaceful about certain Christmas light displays. After 7 hours on Sunday, I was at peace and exhausted at putting up mine.

Icicle lights across the front of the house. (cross the fingers the real icicles don't come to replace them.)
Front door entry framed with a pine branch garland with lights
Nettting lights on select shrubs along the front of the house. A pair of boxwood shrubs flanking the front door make for a nice entry way.
Spot light to illuminate the Christmas wreath on the front door.

Oh yes, one inflatable of Santa & Rudolf. Just needed to be a kid again!

Everything is wired into one timer. Come mid January the plug is pulled, as soon as the first thaw hits every thing is taken down for the season.

I like to go simple. Two or three trees with clear tree wraps up about 20 feet. It's very island ..... until a snowblower blast covers them up.

We just watched An Inconvenient Truth last night. Sorry, no Christmas lights till we get this global warming thing under control.

Bah ! Humbug ! :mooner:

thread killer :D

Mo2vation:
Of course, that's how I roll these days. 12 years ago, I was one light away from shutting down the power grid.

My friends held an intervention.

I'm a better man now.

Thank you, Clark Griswold... :D

I love all the lights! I used to think it was tacky because my mother and grandmother would make clicking sounds with their tongues and say that those houses "looked like beer joints". But then I had children and they always loved driving by the really gaudy houses the best.

Ken, how do you feel about illuminated baby Jesus in the horses feed trough?

At my old barn, we decorated all the horse's stalls and made them wear hats we attached to their fly masks.

I love them all - tacky, tasteful and truly tricked out! I can't wait to be back in the US for Xmas - the decorations, mindless consumption and forced frivolity are all part of the experience.

Australians don't really get it - although they are really really trying. There's just something about all those lights and ornaments in 100+ degree heat that isn't right :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom