Choosing a regulator, help a fellow out :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you travel or plan to travel for diving Aqualung seems to be presented the most in different parts of the world then Scubapro so it's easier to fix them in other parts of the world, if you already have an Aqualung reg in the family I would stick to Aqualung, simplifies the logistics of servicing. We had Oceanic reg (Aeris AT400) in our family but then I sold it as it was more difficult to find the parts for it and service it. We now have mostly Apeks/SP. Apeks has parts for life program in North America, if you regularly dive and do not have 10 regs to service so you do not plan to service your regs it can save money.
Some of the brands although cost you less in the beginning will cost more down the road as you will need to pay for the parts. I would recommend not to jump on the cheap deals right away but do more research and calculate how much it will cost you over the years. Some regs are also more easy to sell later.

i see what your saying about servicing the reg being important. i guess that is why i am looking for advice. i believe the regs i am looking at all come with lifetime parts warranty. as of now the 2011 aqualung models have all been sold so i am leaning towards Hollis and oceanic EOS. apeks was my original option but just out of my budget.

Back
Top Bottom