Choose me a haircut!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey jahjah- i can actually imagine you in a suit looking all nice, groomy and a gentleman in that haircut!

speargirl:
Are you kidding he works for me :rofl3: with any hair cut

oh yes, even with a rumpled, dirty, unwashed hair....

JahJahwarrior:
What the hell? Why do I, the customer, need to tell the hair person, who went to school for this, TWICE to look at the examples of what I wanted, and then remind her that she forgot to cut part of my hair?!?!?

Learned my lesson, I'll find some other place next time. I'll be in Orlando next time, much more selection:)

$20 is a cheap haircut. $20 is usually the tip. :)

I would do something with the bangs rather than brush them straight down. Get some gel and spike it up.

If you tip 10%, then you pay $200 for a haircut? That's alot!!!

I might do something with them, but during college I'll be riding a bike, wearing a helmet alot. And, I usually wear a hat 24/7 :)

It looks really good JahJah...Now make sure to post some pics from the wedding, so we can see ya all cleaned up!!

JahJahwarrior:

I might do something with them, but during college I'll be riding a bike, wearing a helmet alot. And, I usually wear a hat 24/7 :)

You tip way more than 10% if you want a good hair stylist. I don't know if that is the way it works with men, but women want to look fabulous so they try and develop a good relationship with a stylist.

BTW, a color, highlights, cut and style comes close to $200.

A 'man' worrying about a haircut.

Oxymoronic.

:shakehead

Oops, just noticed we are in Women's Forum discussing 'girlie men'.

Sorry.

JahJahwarrior:

Use the stick wax not gel. After you take the helmet off, run your fingers through it and voila. You should be able to pick that up at any "generic" salon in a mall.

Also, just a thought but my son's are close to your age and there are a couple shops here in town that all the young males go to. Robert says the salons just don't get the lines right or take care of the side-burns. I guess the others agree because the place is always packed and they don't take appointments. Anyway, if you see someone with a nice cut ask them where they go. My boys pay $15-20 for a cut.

TheRedHead:
BTW, a color, highlights, cut and style comes close to $200.

Well, I tipped this lady something like 40%. :) I'm a big tipper. (plus, the mother gave me a few bucks to get the haircut. She knows there are some things I wouldn't mind doing but wouldn't consider paying for :) )

And, "colouring, highlighting and styling" are not part of a "haircut." a "haircut" involves "cutting." $200 is a good price for hair surgery, but not for hair cutting. Any idiot can cut hair, I know, because some idiot keeps cutting mine. :)

And $200....that's a used drysuit. That's half of a cavern class. That's 50 air fills. 2500 cubic feet of Nitrox. That's a new wing. Dangit that's a lot of money!!!

JahJahwarrior:

It is. Pay $15 and if they do a great job give them the $20 and walk. You are a college male there have to be shops that all the fella's go to around.

JahJahwarrior:
And $200....that's a used drysuit. That's half of a cavern class. That's 50 air fills. 2500 cubic feet of Nitrox. That's a new wing. Dangit that's a lot of money!!!

You pay $200 for beautiful, not just a cut. :wink:

But you're a college-age guy, and Tracy is right that you should find a salon for guys your age.

Back
Top Bottom