Choice: Yoke versus DIN while travelling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I travel Din 300 bar with a yoke adapter. This way you are covered. it is a lot harder to have yoke only and need din.

...I've never been to the Caymans, but from personal experience, for Cozumel....Bonaire......Honduras...Bahamas, it's gonna be the yoke-ONLY AL 80. :)

It's the same for Cayman. You can find some DIN tanks at a few of the shops like Dive Tec, but most of them cater to tourist divers with yoke regs. I use a yoke adapter on my DIN regs when I'm there.

Thanks, I'm well aware of the adaptor but still wondering what kind of tank valves are typically available at the big dive destinations such as the Caymans, Cozumel, etc.

It's not a big deal to change over my regs to yoke before I head down.

The rental doubles I've seen are DIN and the singles are always yoke. If I know I'm diving both singles and doubles on a trip I just bring 3 1st stages, 2 DIN and 1 yoke. Then I switch the 2nds, SPG, and LP inflator hose as needed. It takes all of 3 minutes.

If you're doing technical and recreational diving on the same trip, packing an extra 1st stage is a drop in the bucket for gear. You could bring an adapter, but you'll still have to switch some hoses. Personally I hate using the adapters as it puts the 1st stage much closer to my head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom