Chicken Buses = more security ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elferno

New
Reaction score
Hi, i'm planning to take my open water course in july in Utila. My girlfriend and I are arriving in Guatemala city and want to get to Utila by bus.

Considering the killing of a canadian tourist yesterday in a tourist bus, do you think that taking a chicken bus to reach La Ceiba is more secure??

I'm scared !!!

Thank for your time

Mat

Elferno:
Hi, i'm planning to take my open water course in july in Utila. My girlfriend and I are arriving in Guatemala city and want to get to Utila by bus.

Considering the killing of a canadian tourist yesterday in a tourist bus, do you think that taking a chicken bus to reach La Ceiba is more secure??

I'm scared !!!

Thank for your time

Mat

Yeah, much safer.

Good luck on taking the bus to Utila. Make sure they have oars for everyone.

See http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1116551#post1116551

Here we go, again.

Obvious confusion about the location of Utila aside, why wouldn't you just fly? It can't be that pricey.

Elferno:

I'm scared !!!

Thank for your time

Mat

that they were on a tourist bus? Every article I've read only says BUS. Not tourist bus. Bus could be anything from a chicken bus on up through any of the second class buses or HedmanAlas luxury bus. Maybe you need to wait for some more facts on what bus line and where exactly it happened before jumping to conclusions about the "tourist buses."

This type of armed robbery most frequently happens on the chicken buses - the 30 lempira cross country specials using recycled North American school buses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom