Cheapest flights from MNL to Boracay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Guys,

I guess it's best to fly into Caticlan to get to Bora. Which airline do you recommend?
Asian Spirits? I don't think PAL or Cebu Pacific flies into that airport.

hmm... trying to remember when the windy season is for Boracay... Does is start in Nov? tempted to go do some kiteboarding.

airphil, PAL and cebu all fly into kalibo... the tiny airlines (asian spirit and seair and corporate air) all fly into caticlan...

cheaper IMHO would be cebu pacific to kalibo, then the 1-hour+ van ride to caticlan (P 150)... i think it still comes out cheaper than flying into caticlan... and the tiny airlines will also restrict your baggage so if you're planning to fly in your frankenstein rig PLUS dive gear expect to pay through the kimchi for excess baggage

Jag

shugar:
airphil, PAL and cebu all fly into kalibo... the tiny airlines (asian spirit and seair and corporate air) all fly into caticlan...

cheaper IMHO would be cebu pacific to kalibo, then the 1-hour+ van ride to caticlan (P 150)... i think it still comes out cheaper than flying into caticlan... and the tiny airlines will also restrict your baggage so if you're planning to fly in your frankenstein rig PLUS dive gear expect to pay through the kimchi for excess baggage

Jag

Thanks Jag,

No plans on diving in Bora... OK, think I'd rather fly thru Caticlan instead of Kalibo just to avoid that 1hr bus ride. Although that would be convenient to fly PAL so I don't have to run from the domestic terminal to the int'l terminal.

ya, that run from kalibo to caticlan i did once, bumpy!.... then i went back to flying to caticlan on A Spirit... that would be my choice..waaay more convenient.. unless you don't like the Dash 8 or cattle and school children on the runway... :)

i always take asian spirit, then there was a time i took seair and they put me into this 7-seater or 12-seater plane. there were just 6 of us, 4 koreans and me and my companion.

bumpy ride. we passed a cloud, everybody got bumped off their seats. no kidding.

must be the punishment for taking a promo fare. they have a nice plane for the 30-min flight. nicer. bigger. more expensive (note: regular fare)

damn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom