Cheap place to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjufon

Registered
Reaction score
I just got back from the SCC; this was my first diving trip and I am hooked!!
I want to go back this year around AUG. there are some great deals on flights from DFW to Cozumel, but I was wanted to know if anyone could point me right direction for a cheap place to stay. I want to dive with SCC again, but would like to find a cheaper place to stay so I can squeeze another trip in this year.

Thanks in advance!!

JJ

I just got back from the SCC; this was my first diving trip and I am hooked!!
I want to go back this year around AUG. there are some great deals on flights from DFW to Cozumel, but I was wanted to know if anyone could point me right direction for a cheap place to stay. I want to dive with SCC again, but would like to find a cheaper place to stay so I can squeeze another trip in this year.

Thanks in advance!!

JJ

Stayed a couple years ago @ Vista Del Mar(right next to McDonald's---guys trip only that my best friend in hs & I made) & got the jr suite(2 adjoining bedrooms) for $65 a nite total, with a daily breakfast included...you might check there..

Also hear the Bahia(less than a block away I believe) usually has good prices....both are on the main drag right across the street from the big pier close to the square..Check out them & good luck, I'm sure others will chime in...let us know what you find/decide on...

Suites Bahia is conveniently located close to town. I've stayed there a couple times with good success.

I also stayed at the Days Inn about 4 years ago and it was fine though it's about 4-5 blocks from the main town. (Not a bad walk..) I think it's called Villas Caribe if it still exists.

I think both can be had for around 45usd/night.

Sidestep.com lists 12 Coz hotels below $40/night, or 17 under $50/night. It's tricky tho as they include hotels within 100 miles unless you check "Cozumel only" and you get a lot of Playa del Camen hotels. Then sort by price.

You can narrow down like I did on the left side by clicking the price category and slide the max to the left. But don't take the distances seriously as a glitch on their site shows that some of the hotels are 30-40 miles east in the ocean. :silly:

How much is Scuba Club without meals? It shows up on the under $40 list, but says to call.
[c]
2iuxbw9.jpg

[/c]

Stayed a couple years ago @ Vista Del Mar(right next to McDonald's---guys trip only that my best friend in hs & I made) & got the jr suite(2 adjoining bedrooms) for $65 a nite total, with a daily breakfast included...you might check there..

Also hear the Bahia(less than a block away I believe) usually has good prices....both are on the main drag right across the street from the big pier close to the square..Check out them & good luck, I'm sure others will chime in...let us know what you find/decide on...

I'm pretty sure that the Bahia is a block back from the water.

Bahia IS right on the main drag----corner of Melgar and Calle 3.........Gordon, you may be thinking of their "sister" hotel, Suites Colonial??...........Betsy

Back
Top Bottom