Cheap Eats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Burguer House didn't work out, as it wasn't where we were told it would be. Out of business or moved?
They moved about a year or so ago to their new location on 11th Ave. and about Calle 25. They are in a little strip and share space with another joint. It can be a bit confusing if you don't know that.

Woodman, is this the place that was beside Villa Los Anklas?
Yeah, that's what my map said, and it is obvious it was pretty dated. But, things move around a lot here, and you have to work to stay on top of it. One of my old favorites, Casita de Indio, has disappeared, and I don't know if they moved or what. Oh well, that's why I rent a car, to try and find this stuff. As to Burguer House, I was back and forth on Calle 25th a lot, but I don't remember seeing it. But there is way too much to spot everything while trying to dodge scooters and traffic down there.:eek: Next time, unless they skitter away again...

Yeah, that's what my map said, and it is obvious it was pretty dated. But, things move around a lot here, and you have to work to stay on top of it. One of my old favorites, Casita de Indio, has disappeared, and I don't know if they moved or what. Oh well, that's why I rent a car, to try and find this stuff.
Or you could take a taxi and ask for the place you are looking for by name. The drivers are usually pretty up on that sort of information.

As to Burguer House, I was back and forth on Calle 25th a lot, but I don't remember seeing it. But there is way too much to spot everything while trying to dodge scooters and traffic down there.:eek: Next time, unless they skitter away again...
It faces onto 11.

At the risk of sounding like a twit, I'd like to point out that the "Avenidas" are in increments of five and go South and North and that the "Calles" are in increments of two, with the even numbers being on the North side of town, and the odd numbers being on the South, and they go East and West. I'm just saying this to avoid confusion by someone who may not be familiar with San Miguel. Of course, if you tell a taxi driver something like "calle 8 Norte, entre Avenidas 10 y 15" he'll say something like "OK: 6, 10, y 15." Because of the way most of the streets are named you can't really go wrong, however there ARE exceptions which I've noticed mainly at the south end of town. If someone mistakenly refers to an Avenida as a Calle and vice versa it might spell trouble if you are unfamiliar but probably wouldn't be a problem for a taxi driver.

The best part (to me) of this system is that there isn't a Calle 8 Sur or a Calle 5 Norte--usually.

I like the fact that Le Chef, Villa Las Anclas and Tres Pelicanos are all near the corner 5th Ave and Calle 5. It pretty difficult to 5th and 5 wrong.
Is Le Chef still there? It seems to me that it was gone when I was there in April.

Is Le Chef still there? It seems to me that it was gone when I was there in April.
Moved one or two entrances down towards the square. They are in a larger space with a nice courtyard.

Back
Top Bottom