Cheap Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I have been looking around for inexpensive dry glove solution for my OS drysuit. I found this site selling dry gloves for sailors that seem like they should work fine. Anybody see anything about these that wouldn't work.

APS - Glove Liners

Might work fine for temps above 45F, depending on the effectiveness of the liners and how constricting the gloves will be at the wrist seal and fingers.

I say that because the liners appear to be pretty light, the liner and glove fingers seem a bit narrow, and the glove wrist seal will add more constriction to your drysuit's wrist seal and not provide any insulation on the wrist.

Don't forget to add an equalizing channel under the wrist seal of the drysuit.

For a little over twice the money ($70), you could get some drysuit rings on eBay. (And that's coming from someone really cheap!)

Just my 2 cents.... :)

Dave C

I just use Marigold Commercial dish gloves. They work great and are super cheap.

My dry glove setup cost me less than $50 CDN.

Si-tech removable rings for latex seals for the suit were $40. I already had a reasonable pair of warm liner gloves. Marigolds (size XL - they fit snug!) pulled over top for $4.50. Hint: pull them inside out (white side out) for better hand signal visibility. "Equalizing channel" is my undergarment's thumb loop.

Result: A non-bulky, easy to don and doff rig for warm hands and a toasty diver, with gloves that are easy and cheap to replace. :lotsalove:

Can anyone tell me what type of Marigold Gloves are best for diving (part number or product number) I did a google search and found about 100 different types.

Can you get them online? Does anyone know if there is a supplier in Calgary?

I can't be sure, because I don't even know if I use "name-brand" marigolds, but I think that these guys: link look like them. The G17Ks. I sourced mine from an industrial plastics/ marine supplies store. In the fiberglass repair aisle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom