Cheap Airfare IAH-CZM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've mentioned it too many times. Search fares first on Matrix to see what's offered, then play with Orbitz, etc. packages.

Actually, he said, "Don't tell Pidge!" But I wouldn't keep it from you!

I've mentioned it too many times. Search fares first on Matrix to see what's offered, then play with Orbitz, etc. packages.

Sorry, guess I didn't realize what you meant..or you mentioned it on threads I didn't see. I think I'm gonna like it though, so glad to finally get the info. Thanks!

---------- Post Merged at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Actually, he said, "Don't tell Pidge!" But I wouldn't keep it from you!
Sounds like something he'd say :rofl3:

Sorry, guess I didn't realize what you meant..or you mentioned it on threads I didn't see. I think I'm gonna like it though, so glad to finally get the info. Thanks!
YVW. I like to search an month of flight possibilities looking at say 5-9 nights with a 7 night intent just to see what the lowest target fares are, and you can search multiple cities at once too. Open several tabs so you can run different ideas and compare, but only run one search at a time. Some learning and skill helps. :wink:

WOW ! Why am I just finding out about this????? DD ya shoulda let me in on this secret months ago. I thought you've been an Orbitz fan all along and I havent found any deals from Ohio on Orbitz. Gonna check Matrix from now on...even though I usually do package deals with Apple. Thanks :)
Pidge, Pidge, Pidge .... if you would spend more time on your computer (like when you HAVE to doing the LIST!) you'd be more up-to-date on these things!!! :eyebrow: LOL!

(Speaking of .... I noticed the December List has gone into a 5 day no-post downward spiral! Do you think IT misses me?? :rofl3:)

Nice find. :thumb: Actually, I found that fare available as early as Oct 19 on into mid Dec for various dates - more of those good for 7 nights. From outlying cites like Lubbock, more money needed usually - and who cares about the food in an airport. BYO if you are that picky. :shakehead:

DD, how do you get the calendar ?? all i get on matrix is the price on the day i want & plus or minus 2 days !!

DD, how do you get the calendar ?? all i get on matrix is the price on the day i want & plus or minus 2 days !!
It'd help if you showed me your set-up page, but it sounds like you are selecting Search exact dates maybe, altho I don't think that the Matrix site will give you + 2 days. Lots of other sites will. Are you using Matrix Airfare Search at Matrix - ITA Software ?

For a calendar view, I select See calendar of lowest fares and for say a week long stay I use Length of stay 5-9 to show me variations.

1.JPG

Like this..
2.jpg

Checking multiple departure airports & both arrival airports...
3.JPG
The Nearby option is a little challenging to bring up, at least on Firefox for me and my settings.

Once you get the calendar, there are 5 to 9 nights prices for each date...
4.jpg :crafty:

Then I usually uncheck Include overnight flights and hope the prices don't go up. Looks like Cancun non-stop from SAT is a lot more appealing than CZM. :wink:

Matrix is really a super powerful software for figuring out potential flights, like Don does, I always use the Calendar view to see the variations. The calender view is extremely powerful feature. From there you can use the drop downs to eliminate non stops or look at certain airlines...

Once you click thru from the calender view to the flights view you can sort by durations, stops etc...

once on that view one of the most powerful features to me is the 'time bars' features, that graphically shows you all the flights by time bars so you can easily see the flights that work for your travel based on when you'll arrive or when you'll depart, the layovers ect...

When you're needing to catch some transportation once you get there or coming back this feature is invaluable. I use it also to maximize vacation time seeing what the different options are for arriving morning afternoon or night.

How I normally use the software is to do a search using the calendar feature, then sort out the flights based on stops and costs, then go thru to the time bars and see how they sort out. The sorting and sifting you can do with Matrix is unreal, you can basically analize the available flights in just about any criteria you can think of.

This is also a handy help guide to using the soft ware Matrix - Google Help

and there is a support forum of users here https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/matrixandonthefly

Getting a cheaper flight in late December as well, but is a 2 hour layover on the way back enough? I've made it in 2 before, but my choices are 2 hours or 6 hours layover to catch the hop to Tulsa on Dec. 27. Hate the 6, but 2 sounds stressful. Thoughts, experiences?
Thanks!

I've always made in Houston or DFW in well under 2 hours. Miami would be different. I hate 5-6 hour layovers enough that I'd risk it, but - lots of variables. Winter travel is the worst. Good luck. :pilot:

Back
Top Bottom