Cheap Airfare IAH-CZM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matrix is really a super powerful software for figuring out potential flights, like Don does, I always use the Calendar view to see the variations. The calender view is extremely powerful feature. From there you can use the drop downs to eliminate non stops or look at certain airlines...

Once you click thru from the calender view to the flights view you can sort by durations, stops etc...

once on that view one of the most powerful features to me is the 'time bars' features, that graphically shows you all the flights by time bars so you can easily see the flights that work for your travel based on when you'll arrive or when you'll depart, the layovers ect...

When you're needing to catch some transportation once you get there or coming back this feature is invaluable. I use it also to maximize vacation time seeing what the different options are for arriving morning afternoon or night.

How I normally use the software is to do a search using the calendar feature, then sort out the flights based on stops and costs, then go thru to the time bars and see how they sort out. The sorting and sifting you can do with Matrix is unreal, you can basically analize the available flights in just about any criteria you can think of.

This is also a handy help guide to using the soft ware Matrix - Google Help

and there is a support forum of users here https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/matrixandonthefly

Now I know why I just go to Delta.com and fill in my dates !! LOL

Getting a cheaper flight in late December as well, but is a 2 hour layover on the way back enough? I've made it in 2 before, but my choices are 2 hours or 6 hours layover to catch the hop to Tulsa on Dec. 27. Hate the 6, but 2 sounds stressful. Thoughts, experiences?
Thanks!
I go through Houston every time I come back from Cozumel. Two hours is enough. One hour is not.

Global Entry

I just went went through IAH on 9-9-12 coming from La Paz, MX and I went through customs so fast I had to wait for my bag to get off the plane. I was chatting with a young lady from NY while waiting for my bag and she said what I was already thinking... "It's like your getting away with something because you don't have to wait in those long lines anymore". My business companion took 45-50 minutes to clear customs. I would estimate it took me about three minutes to clear customs using Global Entry trusted traveler program. No lines at the kiosk's. You also don't have to fill out the customs form on the plane. Its nice to not worry about missing a connection while waiting in a customs line. I travel frequently for work and its the best $100 I've spent in a long time. If you travel frequently you can be eligible for TSA Pre-check as well. TSA Pre-check will speed you through security even on domestic flights.
Click here for Pre-check:
Global Entry

Seems like the hold-up is at Immigration more than Customs. It did take me an hour last time, our plane landed behind several others - and that Global Entry line was empty! So tempting...!

Global Entry

I just went went through IAH on 9-9-12 coming from La Paz, MX and I went through customs so fast I had to wait for my bag to get off the plane. I was chatting with a young lady from NY while waiting for my bag and she said what I was already thinking... "It's like your getting away with something because you don't have to wait in those long lines anymore". My business companion took 45-50 minutes to clear customs. I would estimate it took me about three minutes to clear customs using Global Entry trusted traveler program. No lines at the kiosk's. You also don't have to fill out the customs form on the plane. Its nice to not worry about missing a connection while waiting in a customs line. I travel frequently for work and its the best $100 I've spent in a long time. If you travel frequently you can be eligible for TSA Pre-check as well. TSA Pre-check will speed you through security even on domestic flights.
Click here for Pre-check:
Global Entry

Jeez, Prop, stop telling people!! Next thing you know there will be 3-4 people in line at the kiosks.

Seriously, I LOVE global entry. Of course, I only got to use it a couple times at IAD and Atlanta. Then the convenience and price for a non-stop on AirTran from BWI to CUN made that my new favorite and BWI is too small for a GE kiosk. Bummer....

Jeez, Prop, stop telling people!! Next thing you know there will be 3-4 people in line at the kiosks.

Seriously, I LOVE global entry. Of course, I only got to use it a couple times at IAD and Atlanta. Then the convenience and price for a non-stop on AirTran from BWI to CUN made that my new favorite and BWI is too small for a GE kiosk. Bummer....

Last time I went through GOES at IAH was last month (August) on my way home. It was the first time I got the new slip with the photo on it (wasn't that way in April on the way home) but the agent by the kiosks was busy chatting up some flight attendants and as I walked by he took my slip. Since this was a totally different type of slip with a photo that I had never seen before I thought something had changed and this was the new procedure, so I handed it to him and he said thanks. Now to put this in perspective, I'm 65 y.o. and 5'8 in blue jeans and a short sleeved pressed shirt so I know I didn't look like a flight attendant.

It only took a couple minutes at the kiosk and my bags were waiting or me on the carousel when I got to it. I loaded my bags and headed to the second agent. When I got there he said "where is your slip". I said the other agent took it at the kiosks. He looked at me kind of weird and said to follow him. So off we went into the office on the south side of the lines (not the baggage search area). He asked for my passport and handed it to another agent at the desk. I told them what happened (first guy took my slip) and they were scratching their heads. They said he was supposed to only be taking "crew" slips. I didn't want to tell them he was hitting on the crew when I walked up and I kept my mouth shut and just shrugged. They looked me up in the computer and saw that I had just gone through the kiosk line and after looking me up and down for a second or two told me to have a nice day and off I went.

So the moral of the story is.. don't give your slip to anyone except the agent at the second station no matter if another agent asks for it or not !!! And don't tell them he was chatting up the flight crew trying to get lucky for the night either..:D First hitch I have ever had using GOES and it only added a minute or two to me checking my bags and heading up stairs to the TSA line.

admin.far121001.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom