Channel migrants: man in flippers attempts channel swim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the part I don't quite get: it says he was swimming to the UK???

(A somewhat related sidenote, Russian word for "flippers", as in what mammals have, is also the correct word for swimming/diving fins. Which makes it even more grating when people use the word for fishes' fins instead. And they do, of course.)

He was attempting to swim to the UK, but obviously only made it 3 miles north of Calais with probably another 20 odd miles to go.

I think Ken may have been referring to our pending Brexit debacle at the end of October.

I think Ken may have been referring to our pending Brexit debacle at the end of October.

Yeah, I'm aware. My ex moved to Germany earlier this year and is even considering selling her London flat. We chat on skype every once in while. :wink:

Torch flashlight

Tomato tomato

Can't you still just get on a train from France to the UK?:facepalm:

Can't you still just get on a train from France to the UK?:facepalm:
Isn’t it implied that the person who did this was trying to get illegally in the UK ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom