Channel Islands w/TruthAquatics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeterWF

Registered
Reaction score
My son and I are booked next Wednesday on the Vision for a 3 day trip. Any thoughts/suggestions on what to bring besides equipment would be appreciated. I haven't done a live aboard in years and fear forgetting something essential. Also, what's the vis been like out there?

Peter

PeterWF:
My son and I are booked next Wednesday on the Vision for a 3 day trip. Any thoughts/suggestions on what to bring besides equipment would be appreciated. I haven't done a live aboard in years and fear forgetting something essential. Also, what's the vis been like out there?

Peter

3 day trip? long trip

heres a start:

dry suit to stay warm , or rent hooded vests to wear under the wet suit

extra bcd, extra reg, extra mask,fins, extra computer (in case something stops working)
extra-warm clothes in case you get too cold
sudafed
motion-sickness medicine
extra batteries for your big dive lights
pen/paper for dive reports
save-a-dive kit
extra computer batteries

have fun!

Scott

They are great with food but bring some personal snacks. Maybe some seasickness meds just in case.

A large save a dive kit.

if you are a light sleeper bring some ear plugs, they move the boat in the night, and the engines are loud..i'm going out with them in august, and then cortez banks with them in october...love diving with them

TOWELS.

Most of their boats have driers (like the ones in laundry rooms), but on our first trip with them it was broken. Places to hang wet towels up to dry were at a premium, so it was really handry that we'd brought a few extras!

Bring a water bottle to refill on the boat so you don't have to leave your bunk in the middle of the night for a drink.

I have a collection of random toiletries and medicine that I always, always bring now, because whatever I might have left behind I'll wish I had. It usually contains cold meds, seasickness pills, earplugs, a small thing of lotion, foot powder (for itchy feet after sitting in saltwatery booties all day), tissues, spare contact lenses, immodium, etc.

Definitely some warm-fuzzy clothes to wear between dives and at night, though hopefully it'll be nice and warm while you're here. We usually dive with them in November, and I can't stress enough the importance of something dry and warm while you're waiting between dives!

Have a great time; you'll love the Vision! When we were on it, the boat was totally packed and then some (a few non-divers along for the ride; at least one couple wound up sharing a single bunk) - and it was still the roomiest boat I've been on in SoCal. :)

alaity47:
TOWELS.

Most of their boats have driers (like the ones in laundry rooms), but on our first trip with them it was broken. Places to hang wet towels up to dry were at a premium, so it was really handry that we'd brought a few extras!

. :)
yeah bring a hanger, a dry wetsuit in the morning is so nice

Thanks everybody for the great input! I will compile your suggestions into a check list for future live aboard dives. Wish I could afford the equipment redundancy . . . BTW, I highly recommend diving with your kids.

mossym:
yeah bring a hanger, a dry wetsuit in the morning is so nice

You mean some of our members actually stop diving long enough for their wetsuits to dry out? Amazing!

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom