Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As is the chance of spreading covid through your workplace because you were asymptomatic positive.
That is true, although my workplace requires masks at this time.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who tests positive on Cozumel would wait until they test negative before they get on a plane and sit next to me. Thank you.
Its comments like this that amaze me. This stuff has been going on over a year and people still totally clueless. If you test positive in Mexico all you need is a letter from a doctor saying you have recovered. Testing again is pointless because you can still test positive for 3 months they say. Please educate yourselves on the rules. I have personal experience of testing positive in merida and getting the letter from a doctor. I got it on the way to Mexico after united left us sitting on the tarmac for 3 hours in Houston. I didnt travel for 2 weeks so I was fine to travel by then..

Its comments like this that amaze me. This stuff has been going on over a year and people still totally clueless. If you test positive in Mexico all you need is a letter from a doctor saying you have recovered. Testing again is pointless because you can still test positive for 3 months they say. Please educate yourselves on the rules. I have personal experience of testing positive in merida and getting the letter from a doctor. I got it on the way to Mexico after united left us sitting on the tarmac for 3 hours in Houston. I didnt travel for 2 weeks so I was fine to travel by then..
These comments are even more amazing. There is a big difference between "can" and "will" test positive for months. The vast majority test negative after a week or two. And retesting is not pointless at all if you're purpose is to get a negative test and fly right away. All of the tests give false negatives, especially the antigen test which has about a 30% false negative rate. And there are things you can do to better those odds, basically by doing the opposite of all the rules they give to get a reliable result (i.e. don't eat or drink before the test, don't brush your teeth before the test, etc.) A person that is determined to fly home on time, society be damned, can almost guarantee a negative test simply by taking enough tests.

I know the rules and I know that there are those who seek to circumvent them.

That's fine keep testing. I just got the letter and everything is fine. I guess people will always look to circumvent rules. If that's the type of person you are. Test away. Doesn't surprise me Americans looking for ways to get around rules instead of just following them.
Hence my comment.

I would only test for COVID at home if I have symptoms. Re-entry requires testing regardless of symptoms, so the chance of missing work is greater with the re-entry test.

I hear you as there are many variables and very possible for the test to be incorrect, but even of it is a false positive work should be good with that report.

With that said I do think any testing for travel is ridiculous as it gives many a false sense of security against a virus, even more so when they test only the unvaccinated.

At this point everyone has access to the level of protection they desire. This latest variant is very prevalent and boosted adults have false negatives at a large rate with quick tests. If people are uncomfortable probably best to stay home longer as you are certainly being exposed currently.

If you test positive in Mexico all you need is a letter from a doctor saying you have recovered.
if you are an American. Rules vary from country to country. Canada does not require a letter from a doctor that you have recovered. Only that you wait a certain period after your positive test (not sure but might be 14 days). And then, if you have tested positive within the past 180 days, all you need to show is proof of that positive test. That is why threads like this are difficult on a board that reaches people from around the world...one size does not fit all.

If people are uncomfortable probably best to stay home longer as you are certainly being exposed currently.
For me this is the key takeaway no matter where you go or how many have been vaxxed or not, it's out there, its everywhere and anyone can get it.

Even with fully vaxxed events such as the Cozumel invasion, the chances of multiple people having and/or catching covid during the event like that is likely.

Hopefully the countries will all loosen up on restrictions soon as it isnt going away.

if you are an American. Rules vary from country to country. Canada does not require a letter from a doctor that you have recovered. Only that you wait a certain period after your positive test (not sure but might be 14 days). And then, if you have tested positive within the past 180 days, all you need to show is proof of that positive test. That is why threads like this are difficult on a board that reaches people from around the world...one size does not fit all.
I just checked, it's 10 days or a $5000.00 Fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom