Change in the Cozumel Bag Drag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the shuttles really bad enough to justify the drag or is it a cost thing?
If you don't have much to drag. The vans normally will not leave the airport until they are packed like sardines, while you can get a taxi for two for less than two van tickets.

Is it possible to walk from the airport to downtown? About how far is it? Thanks.

If you don't have much to drag. The vans normally will not leave the airport until they are packed like sardines, while you can get a taxi for two for less than two van tickets.
Those sardines have all just gotten to Cozumel and are pretty jazzed to be there. It's a pretty upbeat crowd.Plus, though the vans are full, I have never found them to be uncomfortably so; no one has ever had to sit in my lap or I in theirs.

I always take the shuttle and I really don't see what the objection is. Walking 100 yards lugging all my equipaje just to save a couple of bucks after spending hundreds to get there from here seems a little silly to me, but DSFDF. If I were traveling with just a carry on I might feel differently, but that's never the case for me.

Walking out to the street only works if only a very small number of people do it; if more did it would be a longer wait and more of a crush out there than taking the vans. You walkers should keep quiet about it. :D

Is it possible to walk from the airport to downtown? About how far is it? Thanks.

Yes, but being dehydrated and fresh off the plane? It's about 1 mile exactly to Melgar, the main drag on the water, from the airport entrance. And you are one block above Calle 12.

What would I be dragging my bag(s) over? Is it a paved sidewalk or dirt and gravel?

Its a sidewalk. Not bad at all. And on the Google Map, there are people doing it: Google Maps

According to Google Earth it is 1.64 miles from the airport terminal to the ferry pier along the streets.

According to Google Earth it is 1.64 miles from the airport terminal to the ferry pier along the streets.

If you just got off a plane in Cozumel, why would you take a ferry back to the mainland? :poke:

If you just got off a plane in Cozumel, why would you take a ferry back to the mainland? :poke:
I saw a family on a van do that once. I guess their plans changed and they didn't want to swim that far.

it is all pavement and sidewalk with a curb to cross, A staight shot,about 1 mile to downtown.

Dave Dillehay

I used to volunteer for the Red Cross at the airport. Sometimes I walked from my house (in El Centro) but mostly I rode my bicycle. I wouldn't want to walk from the airport to downtown dragging a suitcase full of dive gear on a hot day. Sidewalks are very uneven (and crumbling in spots) through town, just for starters. Cash in your beer bottles before you leave home and you will have enough money for either the shuttle or a taxi caught off the premises. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom