Ch ch ch changes...those little goals we make

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really good. Keeping my calories to 1400 or less per day. Lost another .5 lb

I'm still slacking, but doing enough that I'm not getting any fatter :wink:

For your consideration...

Ten reasons to not exercise:

1. My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now & we don't know where the heck she is.

2. The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

3. I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.

4. I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

5. I don't exercise at all. If God meant us to touch our toes, he would have put them further up our body.

6. I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

7. I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

8. The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

9. If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

10. I don't jog. It makes the ice jump right out of my glass.

Food goal for week one: no gloria jeans hot choc or oak flavoured strawberry milk - DONE!

Week 2 of my fitness focus group:
Food goal for week two: No croissants from Bakers Delight, no banana bread from Michele plus the week one goal of no flavoured milk or hot chocs

heres to a positive week 2 change for me!

So, Almity, are these things that are gone forever then?

I decided I couldn't banish things, just have to decide to make *some* good choices LOL

Day Three is over and I'm into Day Four - all's good...lots of water, hitting my fruit & veg and actually haven't even bothered to have a coke (or a beer) at all.

i guess when i get to where i would like to be, i could try to balance out the cravings with what i will allow myself to eat - but not for now

im a huge emotional eater with no control! so if there was a cake in the house i cant stop at just one slice

i will say, i gave up coke and thats worked out really well. i had one at christmas time and it kept me awake until about 3am but other than that im 2yrs clean of coke (the cola kind :wink: )

i know i could never ever give up chocolate for good :lotsalove:

I am sure I gained 8 pounds in Paris. We met a journalist from Denmark who is traveling "Around the World in 90 Days" and writing an article about the people he meets, etc. He says he likes people like us that don't know how famous he is in Denmark....He made us drink all night in the underground and we rang this bell to some bar where you had to smoke to come in. He played the drums and was a bad influence until 4 am.
The next day, on the high speed (240 mph) train, I had the worst hangover I have ever had in my life. JB says I had seven drinks. My change is that I will never drink again, for the rest of my life.

Now we start cycling across Provence tomorrow, and I must drag the croissants and cream and cheese around. My clothes are very tight, so the fun is over. At least I brought my vitamins.

I gave up soft drinks a few years ago. Won't say I *never* have one, but it's very rare. Maybe 6 or 12 in a year at most. Nothing but empty calories & lots of them, so out they went.

Day six with no coke, no beer, no junk, lots of water and all days but one with 9+ serves fruit/veg...the one day I missed I still had 7 but didn't have time for a proper lunch so still did OK.

Also have walked every day for at least 40 minutes.

One more day in this week of change, so have to find another little one to add!

Day six with no coke, no beer, no junk, lots of water and all days but one with 9+ serves fruit/veg...the one day I missed I still had 7 but didn't have time for a proper lunch so still did OK.

Also have walked every day for at least 40 minutes.

One more day in this week of change, so have to find another little one to add!

you're kicking butt :thumb:

no Sgt Smiter for you :wink:

way to go Alcina!!!

i think ive become addicted to sushi!!! im having 2 tuna roll every day for lunch!

but still no chocolate, no oak flavoured strawberry milk and no gloria jeans hot or ice chocolates :multi:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom