Cerulean Closed?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scowens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've heard that Cerulean is closed. Anyone else heard, or "has proof" that it is closed?

Thanks
Steve

Probably just closed for the season.

I heard closed, closed. Not closed for the season...

Steve

Who did you hear this from? Both websites say nothing about them being closed permanently. Doesn't make sense to keep websites up if the place is closed.

Two different friends, one said he's closed and the other said that, the site was down. I've just now got on the site, however, it was updated last Sept.

Steve

Joe's will be open this Saturday......

I lurk here from time to time. I'm from Northern KY and go down to W KY 4 -5 times a year. There were tales of a sunken plane at a W KY dive site.

Is that at Cerulean or another location in the K KY area?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cerulean doesn't have a sunken plane, last I knew of (I last dove there in May). Pennyroyal in Hopkinsville has a sunken helicopter (UH1). The only place around this area I know of that has sunken planes is Mermet Springs (just north of Metropolis Il.). They have a 747 jet sunken there & a couple of Cessnas.

Someone could always call and ask them if they closed.

from http://www.divecerulean.com/contact_us.htm

Do you need to contact someone at Dive Cerulean?
Below you will find pretty much everyway you can contact someone affiliated with Dive Cerulean.

If you need to mail something small use our mailing address.
Need to ship a package? Use our shipping address.
Need to make reservations for weekday diving or have questions that need answering? Call the home phone. Need to call the quarry during the weekend or to make reservations to go diving during the week? Call the Cell Phone.
Of if you can send us any questions, concerns, reservations or anything else to us via email.

Mailing Address
Dive Cerulean
PO Box 74
Cadiz, KY 42215
Home Phone
270-522-7688
Quarry/ Cell Phone
270-350-1156

Email
divec@mchsi.com

tstormwarning:
Cerulean doesn't have a sunken plane, last I knew of (I last dove there in May). Pennyroyal in Hopkinsville has a sunken helicopter (UH1). The only place around this area I know of that has sunken planes is Mermet Springs (just north of Metropolis Il.). They have a 747 jet sunken there & a couple of Cessnas.

Mermet Springs has a 727, not a 747. HUGE Difference.

(The 727 was sunk for the movie US Marshalls if I'm not mistaken.)

The only other sunken large jets for dive spots are a 727 off the coast of Miami, a 737 sunk off British Columbia, and Portage Quarry (in Ohio I think) just sunk a small private type jet. Madison Quarry has a F4 fighter in it and there are several fighter planes sunk off the coastlines that are diveable. Several other places like you said have smaller cessna type planes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom