MacDive: Nick Shore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver-6873

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone heard from the owner/developer of the Mac Dive application in recent months? Nick has always been a phenomenally responsive person and I’m not sure anyone had heard from him in nearly a year?

No idea if he’s taking a sabbatical from developing/maintaining this great code (not sure of anything that comes close for the Apple infrastructure) or what plans might be changing.

Hopefully he is good, is healthily, and just a matter of lifes priorities.

Nick did respond to a question on the Mac-Dive forum a bit more than a month ago. So he was at least still alive and kicking at that point.

I had emailed him a couple of times over the last year and never got a response. It does seem he is not very active with support.

I too have emailed Nick just to see if he’s OK and understand the future for the application, if there is one. All quiet on this end as well.

I sent an e-mail to him about 2 weeks ago because I need a new license but have not heard anything back.

Has anyone done any testing on other MacOS, iPadOS, iPhoneOS supported apps that have similar features/functions. While many of us have loved MacDive, unless Nick has passed the torch to someone or pops back online, it’s always good to understand our options…. 👍

I don’t even really need MacDive anymore. I quit downloading dives probably 2-3 years ago. I could use the Shearwater app if I really wanted to download. I just look at them on log on Perdix/Petrel 3

I don’t even really need MacDive anymore. I quit downloading dives probably 2-3 years ago. I could use the Shearwater app if I really wanted to download. I just look at them on log on Perdix/Petrel 3

I am a firm believer of always logging and downloading a dive. though most of the times I don't fill out much more the what the computer downloaded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom