Cerulean Closed?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even it isn't a whole part of 727 plane as I remember, Just front half...

Anyway, it is fun to check out once.

mike_s:
Mermet Springs has a 727, not a 747. HUGE Difference.

(The 727 was sunk for the movie US Marshalls if I'm not mistaken.) . . . .

The 727 was not sunk FOR the movie US Marshalls, but it IS the fuselage that was used as a prop in the making of the movie. Mermet bought the prop after the filming was over, trucked it cross-country to the quarry, and sunk it for the pleasure of the local divers.

And it is a great deal of fun to dive on and around. Especially as a night dive--and even better as a "lights out" night dive. :)

theskull

mike_s:
Mermet Springs has a 727, not a 747. HUGE Difference.

(The 727 was sunk for the movie US Marshalls if I'm not mistaken.)

The only other sunken large jets for dive spots are a 727 off the coast of Miami, a 737 sunk off British Columbia, and Portage Quarry (in Ohio I think) just sunk a small private type jet. Madison Quarry has a F4 fighter in it and there are several fighter planes sunk off the coastlines that are diveable. Several other places like you said have smaller cessna type planes.

OK, OK. I'll admit, Nobody's perfect. I don't know one type of jet from another:blinking: . I knew it was a jet plane, I just got the model #'s mixed up. Sorry about that. My bad.

tstormwarning:
OK, OK. I'll admit, Nobody's perfect. I don't know one type of jet from another:blinking: . I knew it was a jet plane, I just got the model #'s mixed up. Sorry about that. My bad.

Never mind!!!... Who cares? The sunk jet is just jet. The most important thing is to dive over there. :D

theskull:
The 727 was not sunk FOR the movie US Marshalls, but it IS the fuselage that was used as a prop in the making of the movie. Mermet bought the prop after the filming was over, trucked it cross-country to the quarry, and sunk it for the pleasure of the local divers.

Well that makes sense as to why the scene in the movie where is "crashed" looks different than the quarry does!.

Anyone find out of Cerulean closed permantently?

I talked with Dave from Cerulean at that 270 350 1156 (Cell) number. They are open for business, but in hiatus for the winter. He'd open it if any hard core Scuba Boarders wanted to do a winter dive, but his main season is April thru October.

Hey, that Mermet Springs place looks like a blast and is actually closer to where I stay.

Any good reports from Mermet?

Shepman:
I talked with Dave from Cerulean at that 270 350 1156 (Cell) number. They are open for business, but in hiatus for the winter. He'd open it if any hard core Scuba Boarders wanted to do a winter dive, but his main season is April thru October.

Hey, that Mermet Springs place looks like a blast and is actually closer to where I stay.

Any good reports from Mermet?

Great to hear that Cerulean isn't closed for good.

Mermet is a good dive. Very nice facilities and great folk to deal with.

Dived Mermet last weekend. Had 15-20 ft. vis, 45-50 F water temp. Lots of fish still active, especially the Spoonbill!

Heated dressing rooms w/ hot water showers, bathrooms with flush toilets. No on-site food in the winter, though--bring your own lunch/snack.

Mermet is the place to be in Winter if you prefer not to dive with crowds. Seldom more than a dozen divers on a given day, and sometimes you get the place to yourself.

theskull

Flushing toilets!! Heard that was in the order for this year but didn't make it to Mermet due to work.

Yeap...... Min loves the their new flushng toilets.

Back
Top Bottom