Certified Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was you 6 months ago. I didn't seek any advice, but I realized every computer was different and that the device would provide information that made a dive safer. So I purchased a watch style computer first (Oceanic Geo2). I got a killer deal on it, $275 brand new. I don't think this deal can be had anymore though because it was listed at that price in error.

Then I bought a wet suit. I didn't feel like wearing something that someone possibly used to relieve themselves in. I personally refuse to urinate in my wet suit.

I scored an almost new BC from my dive instructor that he got for his birthday that he didn't like (only a couple dives on it). It is a back inflate (Apeks Black Ice) and that's not his preference.

Then I bought my reg and console (with backup computer).

I've been buying accessories ever since.

Regs tend to be a funny thing. There seems to be a few different ideals on this. What I've observed, there's the ScubaPro snobs (nothing else is good enough), the just about any balanced reg today will work group (my Cressi reg breaths great), and then the DIR guys.

I've been recently looking at a lot of the DIR gear and it's very affordable. Had I know how affordable, I probably would have bought HOG regs and a BC wing setup. There's some active threads on this topic, so research what's best for you. Good luck!

Congratulations & Welcome
to your new addiction.
Dive safely, Dive often.

Thanks everyone I got a good deal on a sunnto zoop computer from a buddy who upgraded to a counsel. I will probably do the same aand keep the zoop as back up I can't afford to sell it. So now I will start to research try what I can and buy.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom