Question Certification cards!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More likely they started this when there were no eCards and as a way to make sure you returned any rental gear. And since then they have never rethought it. "It is the way we've always done it."
Could be, I suppose. But the only gear we've ever rented are tanks which are normally on the boat when we embark and would be rather obvious if we tried toting them off at the end of the excursion.:D

Could be, I suppose. But the only gear we've ever rented are tanks which are normally on the boat when we embark and would be rather obvious if we tried toting them off at the end of the excursion.:D
It is also a way to make sure you've counted everyone. The point isn't why they started doing it anyway; the point now is it is now "the way we've always done it" whether it is still a good idea or not.

eCards are fine for my preferences, but some dive ops here in the states require that they hold each divers card during the dive charter. In that case, of course, the physical card is a lot more practical.

More likely they started this when there were no eCards and as a way to make sure you returned any rental gear. And since then they have never rethought it. "It is the way we've always done it."

More than likely the reason (I've seen it done for this purpose):

It is also a way to make sure you've counted everyone. The point isn't why they started doing it anyway; the point now is it is now "the way we've always done it" whether it is still a good idea or not.

Is a way of tracking bodies on a cattle boat such a bad practice? Especially a mixed boat of divers and snorkelers.....

More than likely the reason (I've seen it done for this purpose):

Is a way of tracking bodies on a cattle boat such a bad practice? Especially a mixed boat of divers and snorkelers.....
I'm not defending their practice. It may have been a nice idea at one time. It is not now. They need to accept that eCards are an increasing norm. In any case, if they are going to count my head, I want them to do it while the boat is still on site, not after it comes back to the dock!

Attachments

• ED56D4B7-269C-46B8-9D02-5FB39BE8ADCC.jpeg
    ED56D4B7-269C-46B8-9D02-5FB39BE8ADCC.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 6AD0213C-9832-4888-8BDF-74B8B39A7D1D.jpeg
    6AD0213C-9832-4888-8BDF-74B8B39A7D1D.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 50
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom