Question Certification cards!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THPetya

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What do you prefer Plastic cards or eCards?
What do you think? :wink:

eCards are fine for my preferences, but some dive ops here in the states require that they hold each divers card during the dive charter. In that case, of course, the physical card is a lot more practical.

@Marie13 good idea. Yeah, i have an app in my phone+ laminated copy of my cert card to be sure :)

@GreggS intresting thing :) never heard about this :)

Get both. Take photos of your plastic cards. Solves the problem for those who don’t have e-cards.
That's what I did. Actually, I have an app called Key Ring that is designed primarily for merchant loyalty cards. But it works fine for storing cert cards as well.

I have plastic, pictures on my phone, pictures in my dive log app.....and @GreggS (since I read your post as I was typing this, I looked on my phone) also in Key Ring - A BIT REDUNDANT - but do not have an eCard offered by a diving agency. Having all of these pictures are a backup for me as I prefer plastic.

So far, 100% of my diving has been places other than the continental U.S. If I don't have phone service somewhere, it's unlikely I turn my phone on - if diving in a location where there is also no wifi I just leave my phone locked up in my room/with my wife. I generally either carry a small dry pouch or dry box big enough to carry c-cards, credit card (if needed), and cash.

The only cert card I carry with me is my nitrox and EFR. I've never been asked to produce either but whatever.

I have physical, and like others have said, take pictures of all relevant c-cards. I also keep pictures of my driver's license, passport, yellow card, covid card, library card, etc. Never know when you might lose one, but if I still have my phone or can get to the cloud, I can retrieve them.

Back
Top Bottom