Info PADI converts to eCards 10 Jan 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And what if iCloud burns down too??
I actually have physical cards, so I guess they’d be triple, or maybe quadruple backups.

Physical card
Ecard on my device in the app
Ecard in iCloud
Ecard on SSI servers

If all of those are gone at the same time, we are probably dealing with an apocalyptic event. So, either diving may not be possible, or if it is, no one is checking cards

I actually have physical cards, so I guess they’d be triple, or maybe quadruple backups.

Physical card
Ecard on my device in the app
Ecard in iCloud
Ecard on SSI servers

If all of those are gone at the same time, we are probably dealing with an apocalyptic event. So, either diving may not be possible, or if it is, no one is checking cards

You just come to Libya to dive, no one checks cards. Heck, most people diving here don't have a card of any kind. We are FREEEEEEE! FREEEEE at last!!!!!!!

You just come to Libya to dive, no one checks cards. Heck, most people diving here don't have a card of any kind. We are FREEEEEEE! FREEEEE at last!!!!!!!
To be fair, I’m almost never carded. I can’t recall the last time I was checked for a dive, but that’s probably because the boat belongs to me. I was checked for a fill last month. It was in the Keys, and they don’t know me well, so I understood. Even so, I don’t think that shop checked the past few years. I was actually surprised they asked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom