Cell phone tip for real Cozaholics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ewww, looks like all ...android....

:)

Anyone ever try one of these? Looks too good to be true but you never know...

MAGICSIM ELITE - iPhone 6S
DUAL SIM ADAPTER
iPhone 6S model

My new iPad Pro has an eSim and a 2nd physical sim slot.

I popped my Telcel sim in the physical and will give it a try at the end of the month.

Switches the sim from Settings, it looks sweet.

Now that I think about it, the eSim appears to support more than 1 account at a time.

If Telcel would start supporting them, those of you that get to spend more time on the island than I do could have your US provider and your MX provider active on the same eSim. No need for a physical sim. Just switch back and forth with software.

Apple clearly wants to go to a provisionable eSim, hopefully in the next iPhone.

eSIMs are an entirely different kettle of fish.

Full disclosure: I consult for a company actively involved in eSIM technology. "Rumor" has it that Apple will be embedding native eSIMs in iPhone 7. This WILL be a game changer. Samsung are already there. The last bastion of cellphone ripoff will be breached soon. The days of expensive data plans are numbered.

eSIMs are an entirely different kettle of fish.

Full disclosure: I consult for a company actively involved in eSIM technology. "Rumor" has it that Apple will be embedding native eSIMs in iPhone 7. This WILL be a game changer. Samsung are already there. The last bastion of cellphone ripoff will be breached soon. The days of expensive data plans are numbered.

Crap. I just upgraded to a 6S.....

Reactions: Jax
Aren't the cell carriers making things easier in Mexico? With AT&T, as I understand it, if you have a mobile share plan or unlimited plan, you automatically have a Mexico roaming bonus which includes unlimited talk and text to the U.S. and within Mexico, as well as 1G of data, all at no extra cost. I have the iPhone 6 and don't believe I have to do anything special.

Am I missing something?

My new cheap blu phone has dual sims. I have straight talk in one and Telcel in the other. I love having tel cel sim. I do alot of local calling and texting.

As far as automatically having att roaming on Mexico you used to have to sign up for it. Don't know if this has changed.

We have Verizon and signed up for the on demand
international plan. while in Mexico, it costs $2 per day
and your calls, data, etc are based on your regular plan.
No extra roaming charges involved. Works everywhere, but
different countries have different daily charges.

Back
Top Bottom