Celebrity Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
Yes, Johnny Carson was a scuba diver. And yes, Catherine, he is deceased. :(
Such a shame, I used to love his monologues

catherine96821:
What's wrong with jenna Elfman?

Kevin Costner used to use our mooring at Hamilton Cove, Bill.

"Dances with Wolves" is his boat.

Oh...and I am SURE you used to see Jonny Carson over there! I have a picture with him at the Villa Portafino. He died, yea?

I'm not into Scientology (even though L. Ron Hubbard spent time living here in Avalon).

I thought Costner was very good in "Dances with Wolves" but I'm not generally impressed with him as an actor. Why? Because you always know it's Kevin Costner (a great actor like Dustin Hoffman can make you forget... or never realize... it's him playing the role). Do you know what Kevin Costner's best role was by that criterion? The one in "The Big Chill!"

And I sure miss Carson. Leno can't hold a candle to his class.

drbill:
And I sure miss Carson. Leno can't hold a candle to his class.

No one can. No one ever will.

Bruce Willis & Ashton Kutcher are dive buddies...saw them on the dock together in the Turks & Caicos last year

drbill:
I'm not into Scientology (even though L. Ron Hubbard spent time living here in Avalon).

I thought Costner was very good in "Dances with Wolves" but I'm not generally impressed with him as an actor.
True, but he does have a nice butt! :wink:

1. Angelina Jolie in warm caribean water...yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Cuba Gooding Jr.
4. Nicholas Cage :thumbs_up:

sambolino44:
Oh, come on, now. If it's on the Wikipedia it's GOT to be true. Like the time I read that Teddy Roosevelt's middle name was "Queer". I went to show somebody the next day and it wasn't there. Hmmm.

Not to get off the topic - but I think many folks miss the point of Wikipedia and how it works. I must agree that my first thoughts when I heard _anybody_ could post or edit was 'what a load of cr*p'. However, sambolino44's experience is exactly what makes it work. It becomes self-leveling if enough people interact with it.

Last year it was discovered that certain politicians were having aides go into their entry in Wikipedia and spin it in the 'proper' direction. (figures). However, in order to post/edit anything in Wikipedia one has to, of course, create an account. Ok, so create a fake account and spin away. Unfortunately for those politicians, however, Wikipedia keeps a complete change history of _every_ edit and just so happens to capture the person's IP address (something that is much harder to spoof). Moderators at Wikipedia run those IP addresses against fixed lists and look for matches - and lo and behold - the slimy politicios were revealed and the changes were rolled back.

And even without this system, Wikipedia corrects itself. What about a stranger slandering an entry for someone else? Just like sambolino44's instance where someone made Teddy Roosevelt's middle name "Queer", the system self corrected soon enough.

Here's another great example of this and how it was rectified:

John Seigenthaler Sr. Wikipedia biography controversy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Seigenthaler_Sr._Wikipedia_biography_controversy

In my role as software developer I use it to look up stuff all the time and it's excellent.

For example - "Representational State Transfer" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REST

Wikipedia actually fascinates me because it is an entirely new way of presenting information - and something that never would have been possible ten years ago.

Er - to quote from Out Of Hell's Kitchen...

The place reminded Luke of when, a few years earlier, Jit had prophesized that the explosion of the Internet would be the tug that unraveled the delicate weave of society. How wrong his friend had been.

Sorry - I just woke up and am waiting for my wife and dog to follow suit so the three of us could trudge around in freezing Boston...

John

drbill:
--snip--I thought Costner was very good in "Dances with Wolves" but I'm not generally impressed with him as an actor. Why? Because you always know it's Kevin Costner (a great actor like Dustin Hoffman can make you forget... or never realize... it's him playing the role).--snip--.

THANK YOU! I feel the same way about him, and can never wonder why people make such a big deal about his acting!

(back to our regularly scheduled discussion...):D

like Dustin Hoffman

But...he is fugly, Bill.

and one of my friends met him on a heli-lift to Scripps in La Jolla and said he had mossy teeth.

can never wonder why people
"people"..? No..Bouyanti...women. Kevin is our Jessica Alba, boys. And...I was driving my golf cart down the road to Hamilton Cove, and he was throwing rocks for his Retrievers and he nodded at me and winked. So...I am forever loyal. I looked around discreetly all weekend for him, but I guess he had no idea how to reach me. So then I watched him from my balcony on his boat with binoculars.

The boat was very sleek...racing lines, just like him.

maybe a Swan, but looked older.

No Way Out..with Gene Hackman and Sean Young? Don't get me started...

catherine96821:
But...he is fugly, Bill.

and one of my friends met him on a heli-lift to Scripps in La Jolla and said he had mossy teeth.

"people"..? No..Bouyanti...women. Kevin is our Jessica Alba, boys. And...I was driving my golf cart down the road to Hamilton Cove, and he was throwing rocks for his Retrievers and he nodded at me and winked. So...I am forever loyal. I looked around discreetly all weekend for him, but I guess he had no idea how to reach me. So then I watched him from my balcony on his boat with binoculars.

The boat was very sleek...racing lines, just like him.

maybe a Swan, but looked older.

No Way Out..with Gene Hackman and Sean Young? Don't get me started...

But being fugly and having mossy teeth have little to do with his great acting ability. He deserves the accolades. Kevin just doesn't. He is not a great actor by any means. He may be nice eye candy for you ladies, but even a shallow guy like me dumped Jessica for a woman of maturity and intelligence (in addition to beauty)... Salma!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom