Celebrity Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambolino44:
I just read in the Wikipedia article about the Oriskany that John McCain expressed the desire to visit his old quarters. I don't know if this means he's already a diver or not.

Perhaps it's because his bunkmate was killed in the war and he doesn't want to re-visit old memories?

However, I wouldn't believe half the crap that's in Wikipedia. You can go on there and edit it and put in that Snoopy used to fly his doghouse off the Oriskany against the Red Baaron and they'll leave it in there.

At one time the WIkipedia post on the Oriskany was written with a very negative tone towards sinking it. Most likely by someone who didn't want it sunk as a wreck but wanted to keep it as a museum. Anyway... They claimed that "Radical Divers were trying to sink the ship."

A bunch of liberal idiots run that site.

mike_s:
...However, I wouldn't believe half the crap that's in Wikipedia...

Oh, come on, now. If it's on the Wikipedia it's GOT to be true. Like the time I read that Teddy Roosevelt's middle name was "Queer". I went to show somebody the next day and it wasn't there. Hmmm. Now that you (or I) mention it, I bet TR would have been a SCUBA diver, probably did plenty of free diving, and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't use a rebreather!

Still no pics! There must be a picture of Robin Williams, or What's-his-name Teller in their gear available somewhere!

Just saw in today's Life Magazine supplement that Giada DeLaurentiis (of the Food Network) said she enjoys scuba diving. You guys can dive with Jessica and Lauren....I'll dive with Giada! :D

BTW, computer guru Kim Komando is also a scuba diver.

dmdoss:
Odd as it is i'm trying to get Shatner to do a charity dive. Trying to put the pressure on his pr peeps to do it.

Thats going to take a LOT of lead.....

mike_s:

Rubbish. Its open for all. Anything contentious can be flagged as such and discussed. Anything with potentially political leanings and so on the same.

More than enough people from both sides to balance out articles on there.

ScubaTexan:
How about Richie McCaw and Carlos Spencer?

Ahh Rugby and Diving. Thats 90% of my life. Sad really!

Indeed it is although im not that bothered by it. Club level is where my interest lies. Game politics have destroyed the rest of it.

ScubaTexan:
Just saw in today's Life Magazine supplement that Giada DeLaurentiis (of the Food Network) said she enjoys scuba diving. You guys can dive with Jessica and Lauren....I'll dive with Giada! :D

Never heard of her before, but after Image Googling her: :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom