cebu pacific Php1 fare- regional & local destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funny how topics revolve and evolve in PPD section.

actually, quite the contrary, the backpacking foreigners get the best deals! cheap accommodations, free desserts in the restos run by their kababayans here (sometimes free beer or sometimes discounted meals!).. etc! ive seen it happening too often.

its like there's some unwritten, unspoken rule.

i wonder if i should keep up with being mistaken us a thai. or a vietnamese.

rhadamantus:
actually, quite the contrary, the backpacking foreigners get the best deals! cheap accommodations, free desserts in the restos run by their kababayans here (sometimes free beer or sometimes discounted meals!).. etc! ive seen it happening too often.QUOTE]

I don't believe I've gotten much of any discounts or freebees. I usually do go the cheaper route at my dive destinations. Usually 800-1200 pesos per night in a bungalow - fan, no aircon, no hot water. The only time I've ever gotten a free beer anywhere is if a fellow Kano or Brit buys me one and then of course I've got to buy them one and on and on. It only succeeds in getting the bar owner rich and us drunk.

I've gotten discounts diving but that's when I'm putting in 15-20 dives with thier operation or it's my fifth trip for again 15-20 dives.

I always figured the locals got the best deals. But then what do I know. Of course I'll trade you every time I have to haggle with a taxi driver...

Just me....sira ulo kalbo Kano..... :arrow: :wacko:

oh sorry to hear that, jbb. i guess its quite automatic if one can do 20 dives in one trip, one can buy oneself's a beer. :D

but jbb, tell me when youre coming over the archipelago next time, il get you in touch with a number of them who always get the best deals in their trips (they once got an entire cottage that can fit 8 people (4 beds) for Php400 in Panglao).

shut up, pak. :blinking: . i was just stressing a very good point.

:popcorn:

pakman:
that would be good Mags... JBB was planning on having 7 "guests" :D :rofl3:

rhadamantus:
oh sorry to hear that, jbb. i guess its quite automatic if one can do 20 dives in one trip, one can buy oneself's a beer. :D

but jbb, tell me when youre coming over the archipelago next time, il get you in touch with a number of them who always get the best deals in their trips (they once got an entire cottage that can fit 8 people (4 beds) for Php400 in Panglao).

Well if you travel halfway around the world to get someplace you better make it worth the time and money. I did meet a lot of PPDs for DOR 5? at Anilao last May when I arrived. I think they enjoyed the tequila I brought along to share. Much better than that stuff you have over there.

I'm trying to figure out where to go this time. May 10-28. I'm considering Apo Island again as it has been a few years since I was there and I loved the conditions of the corals and critters. I stayed and dived at Liberty Lodge and would probably do that again. After that maybe Malapascua (usual haunt) or Bohol. I considered Puerto Galera but besides the nightlife I'm not sure the diving is any better than where I have already been.

Would you like to come along?:D

:11: ...then you only have to recruit 5 more people, eh?

:)
jbb:
Would you like to come along?:D

jbb:
Hmmm, I think that might run into some money.:D

c'mon jason. another vacation is overdue for you. 7 people? just bring a bottle of that awesome tequila for sure you can handle 7 :eyebrow:

rhadamantus:
:11: ...then you only have to recruit 5 more people, eh?

:)

oh boy i see another xxx loves xxx thread coming :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom