Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should publish a coffee table book of Cayman photos.

Use the proceeds to fund more diving and picture taking.

---------- Post added January 15th, 2013 at 01:38 PM ----------

BTW, can I carry your bags and be a dive buddy?

I actually thought about it at one point in my life, but alas the call of the family was too strong in me Yoda.
I've dreamed about doing just that, but would I be good enough when I see Christopher Newberts photos as well as many other photographers, I doubt it. Then there's the challenge of having enough money to own the right equipment. Most of what you've seen is all with film and my trusty Ikelite with several strobes. Today with the digital change it would require an outlay of quite a few thousand and I no longer have a business that can support that type of expenditure. Still, my love of it does exsist, I guess if I won the lottery ... but then I'd have to play it to win.

Too bad. I make a helluva dive buddy.

It's auto-correct via Tapatalk 2, figure it out. :D

Off Bloody Bay wall, somewhere wonderful...

File0089.jpg

Am I the only one that finds barracuda interesting to swim with? I love their curiosity and confidence. I don't think they are as menacing as some would think, despite their show of teeth. Even the 5 footers are pretty cool.

Am I the only one that finds barracuda interesting to swim with? I love their curiosity and confidence. I don't think they are as menacing as some would think, despite their show of teeth. Even the 5 footers are pretty cool.

One time on the Brac on the south side near the site "inside-out" I found a Barracuda that allowed me to get really close, it was big, I put my fin over its back (about 12 inches above the fish) and it was as wide as my fin and it was about 6 ft. long...what a monster!
My other monster encounter was at night on the north side of the Brac doing a night shore dive, my wife and I happened on a huge lobster...it was as long as my wife, it was not afraid of us, I took a few photos but none that show the massive size. I'll post a couple shots of it tomorrow.

---------- Post added January 19th, 2013 at 02:07 PM ----------

This was one really big lobster, found on the Brac on Cable Reef a shore dive on the north side of the Brac.
He was not afraid of us as you can see I put the wide angle in his face and he just moved his antennae around a bit, a beautiful thing to see, overall I'd say with antennae 5 to 6 foot long.
File0241.jpg

File0240.jpg

Love the friendly grouper pics. Hoping to get my own next Aug. Are they still feeding them the Lionfish? Martin said they were getting too aggressive when he'd spear a Lionfish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Love the friendly grouper pics. Hoping to get my own next Aug. Are they still feeding them the Lionfish? Martin said they were getting too aggressive when he'd spear a Lionfish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

At times, they always used to want you to find squirrel fish for them.

---------- Post added January 20th, 2013 at 09:06 AM ----------

Let sleeping dogs lie...or in Cayman verbiage let sleeping sharks lie.
Little Cayman nightdive. One other thing I remember from this dive was the starry night, upon surfacing and de-gearring on the boat the stars were visible right to the horizon on a beautiful clear calm night.

File0045.jpg

On Butterfly Reef in front of the old Divi at night...
File0226.jpg

---------- Post added January 22nd, 2013 at 08:29 AM ----------

Tiger grouper, northside of Brac at the cleaners.

P4010018.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom