Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many years has it been since Divi closed? Wonder why the CIG decided to go after Divi now.

The last time Divi served out of the kitchen was 2005. I think the CIG has had plenty of complaints by the islanders, the owners of the time shares, and other tourists. It certainly is an eye sore. When it closed a lot of local people lost their job and where else would you find one on that small island?

Ok this will be the last squid pic I am sure it is getting boring.

This guy posed for me. jeanjohn1 (815) copy.jpg

Another one of my good dive buddy Dick Howe........RIP.......Brac 2011

13429282985_3d8c518dd7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The last time Divi served out of the kitchen was 2005. I think the CIG has had plenty of complaints by the islanders, the owners of the time shares, and other tourists. It certainly is an eye sore. When it closed a lot of local people lost their job and where else would you find one on that small island?

That is all quite true, but why now after almost 9 years? One of the downsides to no property taxes is that there is little incentive to unload a non-performing property and Divi made it clear from day one that they had no interest in maintaining or restoring the property. They intended to simply let it rot while they sat on it like a long-term CD. They also made it clear long ago that the timeshare owners were SOL (much like the owners at Indies Suites). Maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist, but it sure seems to me like someone has lit a fire under the CIG recently that wasn't holding matches to their toes 9 (or 8 or 7...) years ago.

P.S. Sorry for the hijack. I'll stop now.

Flamingo tongue @ Brac...2011......Ugly looking piece of coral it found to hangout on...:)

13433510295_2caaca0733.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Grand Cayman, north wall.

---------- Post added March 29th, 2014 at 07:39 AM ----------

Shy guy, and dang hard to get out in the open, Spotted Drum, Little Cayman.

Please explain to me what's going on there...& where??.........I'm gunna guess off 7 Mile Beach, GC??.....But just a wild guess...

---------- Post added March 29th, 2014 at 08:31 AM ----------

Brac...2011---disposing of some 'trash'..That's guide Manny from CBBR with the evidence....
13459662113_c30e228cd6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's what happened a few minutes later......click link...found the 'garbage can'....lol

[video=vimeo;31286700]http://vimeo.com/31286700[/video]

---------- Post added March 29th, 2014 at 08:18 PM ----------

Clamming it up on the Tibbetts.............

[video=vimeo;31460799]http://vimeo.com/31460799[/video]

Last edited:
Are you using the Go-pro for those videos?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom