Cave trip to Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJO

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Cave diving looks like an out of this world experience.....

Yes! And so is Ogasawara! We plan to go back later this year to Ogasawara. Probably doing some of the deep wrecks - but also some reefs. It is really a very unique place.

Thomas

Even Cavern diving in Mexico is an out of this world experience . . . I can't wait to get the training, so I can go the places you mention. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Thanks TSandM,

I highly recommend Dan, Chris and Fred at Zero Gravity. They teach GUE Cave so you will need the GUEF before you take the training. But you will be satisfied, they are all great!

Danny did two of the three days of cavern tours we did. He was an utterly fabulous guide -- meticulous and careful, and his dive briefings were amazing. And he showed us SO much we would have missed if we had just swum through without him there.

I WANT TO GO BACK!!!!

Cave 1 next spring . . . sigh.

Thomas and Eriko did a terrific job organizing this trip. Typical for JUE/DIR Japan, we dove like fiends - in seven days in Mexico I logged 24 hours of bottom time in the caves. We visited 11 different caves:
Grand Cenote
Chac Mool
Nohoch Na Chich
Taj Mahal
Ponderosa
Minotauro
Car Wash
Xtabay
Dos Ojos
Mayan Blue
Naharon

Fantastic trip, great place to dive and train, great company. Thanks again Thomas and Eriko!

Thank you Dev! It was great fun.

Now if we could access the caves here in Japan...

Thomas

Back
Top Bottom