Cave shenanigans...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure where the hide Godzilla rules came from. Been diving Madison since 1996, and Godzilla sat stationary on the line and was not being hidden. There is no going passage in this room, but have noticed bottom of the room showing hand prints, disturbed silt, and hand prints where there was none, and shouldn't be any.
I was being a bit sarcastic. If it was off the line or on the line, I would have left it be. Whether it be a gorilla, barbie or bats.

Let's do it together! It's been too long since I've been there. :D
Maybe later in 2019, September or October.

Speaking of which, does anyone else feel the lasting angst when you see a hand print in a cave? I have yet to leave one, and I shudder at the out of control feeling the diver must have had as they "signed" their presence in the cave. I would be kicking myself for the rest of my life if I did that, and would grimace every time I ever passed that spot.
I remember diving Cow and seeing the vandalism that someone left. As a new cave diver at the time it made me feel ill.
I get that accidents have happened and not knowing what caused it I would wonder, like seeing a vehicle accident and wondering how they ended up in the positions they are in.
Vandalism is BS!

and should be prosecuted.

The prosecution of cave vandalism in the state of Florida is only a 1st degree misdemeanor, so not much is done. The statute is 810.13, and is was successfully used to prosecute the individual that committed the Cow damage, and they made restitution. Section 4 of the cave vandalism statute makes me wonder about Godzilla and the Bats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom