Cave shenanigans...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the oldest reference in "search" for warhammer at least on the sites search engine is 2013. I'll try to google it later
This would be January 2001. I took over in November of that year, or 2002.

But this thread is about the caves, which are the reason I moved to Suwanee County a year and a half ago.

Although based on the decorations being discussed here you'd never know that.
People love to shock other people so a few shenanigans are going to be edgy, while most are just fun. For those who haven't been to Madison Blue, the cave gets quite flat and wide. If you're on backmount, it's easy to bump the ceiling as you swim through causing you to reach up and make sure your valves are always open. Then just about the time you've tired of the scenery, the bottom drops away and you are presented with a wonderful view of the chasm that is the Godzilla room. Then the search begins! If/when you find the plastic Godzilla in the Godzilla room in Madison Blue, you're supposed to take a moment and rehide it. Although it's been a while, there was also a "Mrs Godzilla" to find and rehide as well. Silly? Sure, but in the effort to find and rehide these plastic statues, you really learn that part of the cave.

I don't think it's the same thing as a glory hole... Although based on the decorations being discussed here you'd never know that.

Is that an HP133, or are you just happy to see me? :)

This would be January 2001. I took over in November of that year, or 2002.

But this thread is about the caves, which are the reason I moved to Suwanee County a year and a half ago.

I actually thought you started SB. Didn't know you took over.

I actually thought you started SB. Didn't know you took over.
I simply kept it from dying. I've been accused of claiming I created it, but I never have. No need to lie.

Then the search begins! If/when you find the plastic Godzilla in the Godzilla room in Madison Blue, you're supposed to take a moment and rehide it. Although it's been a while, there was also a "Mrs Godzilla" to find and rehide as well. Silly? Sure, but in the effort to find and rehide these plastic statues, you really learn that part of the cave.

Someone made it too easy when I was there, Godzilla was hanging on the line.
Damn it! It's always good to know the rules ahead of time. I must return to MB and make mends.

Someone made it too easy when I was there, Godzilla was hanging on the line.
Damn it! It's always good to know the rules ahead of time. I must return to MB and make mends.

Not sure where the hide Godzilla rules came from. Been diving Madison since 1996, and Godzilla sat stationary on the line and was not being hidden. There is no going passage in this room, but have noticed bottom of the room showing hand prints, disturbed silt, and hand prints where there was none, and shouldn't be any.

I must return to MB and make mends.
Let's do it together! It's been too long since I've been there. :D

Godzilla sat stationary on the line and was not being hidden.
So we have conflicting rules for Madison Blue. I was a +1 for a cave class being taught there when I was told the rules. I've only been in a few times, but I've never seen it on the line. I've never touched the bottom either.

Speaking of which, does anyone else feel the lasting angst when you see a hand print in a cave? I have yet to leave one, and I shudder at the out of control feeling the diver must have had as they "signed" their presence in the cave. I would be kicking myself for the rest of my life if I did that, and would grimace every time I ever passed that spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom