Cave shenanigans...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Diving in caves is such a serious matter... or is it? Over and over I see the lighter side of cave divers and the fun they have. Things like Godzilla and Mrs Godzilla at Madison Blue, or all the decorations left in the Bat Cave in Ginnie are a part of our shenanigans. Let's get some pictures up so the rest of the world can see we have a sense of humor.

Interesting you bring this up. I've heard of quite a few "trinkets" left in parts of caves I haven't been to, but it seems nobody ever wants to give up information. It's alot of "you'll have to see for yourself" or "we don't want to share so alot of people start going there." Not sure why. I've seen the main things like bats and godzilla, but I know there's some things in small crevices or far back parts of caves I haven't found yet. I was surprised when I hit eol at Buford at 160' feet to find a tiny rubber chicken. I thought I was narced at first.
There was also something off of the godzilla line going down to the banana room years ago I saw, but haven't seen since. I think it was monkeys or something.

Caving is

serious-business-19245508.png

I want to say there's a beanie baby or something in the room just left of the keyhole tunnel in ginnie, but I may have been imagining things last time I was there. I'll have to look closer on my next dive.

I've also heard of people drawing crude anatomical representations on cookies, but I'd never take part in something like that.

....... or is it? ....
It's the internet,,,,,,,,,you know the thread will spiral down to 'glory markers'. But I like your intentions & direction.
For me,,I just leave all the cookies & toys on the line for the line police to monitor....:cheers:

I've also heard of people drawing crude anatomical representations on cookies, but I'd never take part in something like that.
Whoever hung the dildo in the bat cave really upset a lot of people.

I went into Little River one night in the late 70's and there was 3 pair of women's underwear clothespined to the line in the Florida Room. Never did find out who did it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom