Cave Instructors in Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n2thebluec

Registered
Reaction score
I'm an American living in Egypt and I would like to do the Intro Cave Diving course. I'm actually from North Florida and my home is on Meritt's Millpond and I want to do more than cavern dive the next time I'm home.
Please let me know if you know any cave instructors in Egypt.

mania:
Contact Planet Divers - they are in dahab and Sharm el Sheikh. I think this is the best technical diving centre in Egypt. They do have IANTD cave courses - to know more opent the subpage - TEC - IANTD.
mania
http://www.planetdivers.com/index_en.html

Hi Mania,
Thank you so much for the address of planetdivers. I'll contact these people and see what we can work out.
Regards,
n2thebluec

n2thebluec:
I'm an American living in Egypt and I would like to do the Intro Cave Diving course. I'm actually from North Florida and my home is on Meritt's Millpond and I want to do more than cavern dive the next time I'm home.
Please let me know if you know any cave instructors in Egypt.

There might be "Red Sea College" in Sharm el Sheikh. I'm not sure if they are offering cave classes, but I know the are into tech diving.

I dove a site called "the canyon", couldn't do a cave dive because I had a 80 cu/ft Aluminium tank, no tech gear :-(

There is a gold line starting around 150 feet, I don't know what kind of cave/cavern it is, but I promised myself to go back to see, with proper gear this time. If you find out, let me know.

Hope you enjoy diving in Egypt as much as I did.

Mad Scuba:
There might be "Red Sea College" in Sharm el Sheikh. I'm not sure if they are offering cave classes, but I know the are into tech diving.

I dove a site called "the canyon", couldn't do a cave dive because I had a 80 cu/ft Aluminium tank, no tech gear :-(

There is a gold line starting around 150 feet, I don't know what kind of cave/cavern it is, but I promised myself to go back to see, with proper gear this time. If you find out, let me know.

Hope you enjoy diving in Egypt as much as I did.

Hi Mad Scuba

If it is the one near "Jackfish Alley", I know the one you mean. You implied it already, it is beyond recreational reach. So no way for an introductory spot. That is a general problem in the Sharm vicinity, anyway. All the greater caves are far below (e.g. Tiran) and is there a cave systems around? I doubt it. You are right, there are some "Tech bases", the most prominent of which are in Dahab as Mania already pointed out - but most probably not for caves....

VeniVidi:
Hi Mad Scuba

If it is the one near "Jackfish Alley", I know the one you mean. You implied it already, it is beyond recreational reach. So no way for an introductory spot. That is a general problem in the Sharm vicinity, anyway. All the greater caves are far below (e.g. Tiran) and is there a cave systems around? I doubt it. You are right, there are some "Tech bases", the most prominent of which are in Dahab as Mania already pointed out - but most probably not for caves....

I rather think he was talking about Thomas Reef - there is a canion - in my opinion more beautiful than the Dahab one. It goes down to 60 meters (till the second arch) then it goes to 120 or more.
As the Red Sea College in Sharm - they do some of the technical dives but they don't do caves. Planet divers more probably do.
Around Sharm itself there are almost no caves - some caverns in Jackfish Alley but this is a touristic piece of cake - although some are nice.
Mania

mania:
I rather think he was talking about Thomas Reef - there is a canion - in my opinion more beautiful than the Dahab one. It goes down to 60 meters (till the second arch) then it goes to 120 or more.
As the Red Sea College in Sharm - they do some of the technical dives but they don't do caves. Planet divers more probably do.
Around Sharm itself there are almost no caves - some caverns in Jackfish Alley but this is a touristic piece of cake - although some are nice.
Mania

Hi Mania

Thanks for your correction. Also that one I know from first hand ;-) Yet there is no cave with a gold line around as far as I know, is there?

Nope, not in Thomas Canyon - at least till the second arch....
Mania

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your input. The only dive site I know of in the Red Sea that goes simply by the name The Canyon, is at Dahab. I've dived The Canyon many times but I've never seen a gold line either. I've also done Thomas Canyon many times and as Mania pointed out, there is no line before the second arch and beyond the second arch, it gets very deep. There's also a small canyon at about 50 meters at Woodhouse Reef. I am familiar with the caverns at Jackfish Alley and also at Yolanda Reef and many more in the Red Sea but I was hoping there were some that I didn't know about where cave instruction could be conducted without having to go to tri-mix.
Anyway, it's nice to see these responses from people familiar with the places I dive all the time.
Rgds,
n2thebluec

Beacuse we love them - as simple as that. There are certain places you can do cave training but with a special permission - these are below the allowed depth limits (as in fact is The Canyon in Dahab, Thomas Canyon, eel one and woodhouse - BTW everybody - remember that at the end of woodhouse there is a very dangerous current!!!!!!).
You see - some of us - although living a bit further than you (lucky you) are also diving there a lot.
In fact - only a month and a half to go!!!!!
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom