Cave fills?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brett...

There is no such a thing as a ''cave fill''..there is only filling to working pressure as identified by cylinder stamping...and over-pressurizing...regardless of sector within our industry...

The + stamp only allows for 10% over stamp identified working pressure...

Buy larger cylinders...HP 117's/133's/149's...either as singles or any combination of doubles...for your purpose double HP steel 80's will serve your purpose very nicely...

I can get 45 minutes at 130 ft including all stops...with 1200 PSI remaining from single HP 117's...

Retailers who value the safety of their staff...as well as safe-guarding their liability...will not/should not over pressurize any cylinder over stamped working pressure...if they do not take the time to fully verify the cylinder before filling...you should find another retailer...they're not doing themselves...you...or your cylinders any favor...

W.M...
45 mins at 130' with 42cu/ft remaining on single hp117 with all stops , awesome.

Love my dubbed Worthington lp-95's hot fill to 3800 and cool down to about 3300 , that's 231 cu/ft of gas.

No it's not :)

Doesn't that depend on how close it cools to 3300?

No, 95's at 3300 are not 231cu' of gas. :)

237.5cf, if you wanna be particular. 231cf, if you use the tank factor, 7. Either way, close enough.
:wink:
I was wondering how close he thought was close enough.

Back
Top Bottom