Cave fills in South Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a hard time the other day getting a 50% mix filled in a deco tank. This tank is marked with the MOD with permanent markings. They said it was too much of a liability... I literally had to drive home and dig out my advanced nitrox and explain how the tank is used. It's kinda crazy these days.

I gave up trying that years ago. It's not even worth asking. I just had different size tanks depending on the type of dive I was doing.

Leesburg Florida was about as far south as I ever got getting a cave fill. I did get a couple of 3000psi fills on a boat but that's just because they filled everything of that.

My shop :)

I had a hard time the other day getting a 50% mix filled in a deco tank. This tank is marked with the MOD with permanent markings. They said it was too much of a liability... I literally had to drive home and dig out my advanced nitrox and explain how the tank is used. It's kinda crazy these days.
While back sea experience in ft lauderdale wigged out when i wanted 32% in my AL80s since they didnt have the nitrox wrappers on them. They did fill them but the whole interaction was a turn off for me

While back sea experience in ft lauderdale wigged out when i wanted 32% in my AL80s since they didnt have the nitrox wrappers on them. They did fill them but the whole interaction was a turn off for me

:vomit:

When I was there earlier this year didn't blink when I brought my tanks in without a wrapper.

Maybe I just look trustworthy, because one of the Force-Es didn't even check my Nitrox card (or any cert card for that matter) when I brought a new tank from DGX for an EAN32 fill.

My mate works as a fireman and they got a compressor at the fire station, I always get my tanks filled there and we usually fill them to 320-325 bar (~4800psi) despite my tanks being rated for 300 bar.
They do the same with the tanks they use for smoke diving as well, they've never had any problems with tanks.
You can get overfills from most dive shops here in Sweden if you ask nicely.

My mate works as a fireman and they got a compressor at the fire station, I always get my tanks filled there and we usually fill them to 320-325 bar (~4800psi) despite my tanks being rated for 300 bar.
They do the same with the tanks they use for smoke diving as well, they've never had any problems with tanks.
You can get overfills from most dive shops here in Sweden if you ask nicely.
I've thought about driving to cave country (from ft lauderdale) for some cheap helium, but I don't think OP is gonna go to Sweden to get a cave fill :wink:

I've thought about driving to cave country (from ft lauderdale) for some cheap helium, but I don't think OP is gonna go to Sweden to get a cave fill :wink:
Haha yeah I doubt that as well :wink:
Was mostly surprised that OP was having such a hard time finding a dive shop that would overfill tanks as it is very common here in Sweden, I even know a couple shops who will overfill without asking unless you specify that you don't want it.
They'll even get you coffee and cookies while waiting for the tanks to cool down before overfilling :thumb:
When I'm filling at the fire station I'm usually the one bringing cake or cookies though as I don't pay for the fills.

... I'm still mourning the death of Dive Express in Dixie Hwy. It was so nice to deal with people that understood the magic of compressing combination of gasses into metal...
Ricky would pump my LP120’s to 4500psi COLD ——>that was 190 cubic feet in each tank. Heavy bastards to carry but sheer bliss underwater. Then he left to go back to fixing auto transmissions.
Ricky’s history, Dive Express is history, the tanks are long gone, but hey, I got a Lavacore suit AND an Atomic regulator delivered today so life is not so bad.

Reactions: Ana
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom