Cave Fills in SoCal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Any shops do cave fills in So CAL? I have a set of LP95s I would like to get filled with some 32 but unless I can get a nice fill I will just continue to park them and use the 130s.

If not... why is it only a "north" Florida thing or are these shops like fight club...

If its on the downlow I accept PMs and can keep a secret :wink:

There’s this silly thing called “liability”.
Cave fills are a FL thing, we don’t have caves here.
You might find someone that will fill them to the plus rating even if they’re not currently plus rated, but using the stamped service pressure as a turn pressure, probably not.
The only time I got anything resembling a cave fill was on a 72 in Monterey at the Breakwater, and the kid working the fill station thought everything was a 3000 AL 80.

Ha! I daresay you’ll be lucky if you can find someone to fill to 3000 or so.

There’s this silly thing called “liability”.
Cave fills are a FL thing, we don’t have caves here.
You might find someone that will fill them to the plus rating even if they’re not currently plus rated, but using the stamped service pressure as a turn pressure, probably not.
The only time I got anything resembling a cave fill was on a 72 in Monterey at the Breakwater, and the kid working the fill station thought everything was a 3000 AL 80.

I know.. but there is always hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom