Cave diving discussion - Split from Curious Question thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Papa_Bear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread split from previous thread for further discussion

By fare I agree on Full cave! Trudging through the swamp with twin 108s on my back and climbing into the springs! Trying to learn to trim them and perfect buoyancy! You improve your dive skills and thinking skills more than any other training I have done in 38 years of diving!
820_DSC00120_on_the_tail_gate_LVF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
By fare I agree on Full cave! Trudging through the swamp with twin 108s on my back and climbing into the springs! Trying to learn to trim them and perfect buoyancy! You improve your dive skills and thinking skills more than any other training I have done in 38 years of diving!
820_DSC00120_on_the_tail_gate_LVF.jpg

Are those yoke regs you're cave diving with?

Yep, with Din adapters!

I'm curious, in your photo you have a helmet as well, are you worried about contacting the ceiling? What happens when your yoke regs get knocked off?

Well the helmet serves two functions! One a platform for head lights, and a line cutter, and second head security in caves as the out of air diver in drills and as a PSD against all obstacles in zero viz! I also use it for night dives when I video! Never had a problem???? If I did I would deal with it!

Well, ya, you can use it to get air out of a tank... But it still takes a good DIN fitting and makes it have all the problems of a yolk.

Diving like that puts the yolk knob at the highest point, and creates a lever to dislodge your regulator. THAT is a real issue in a cave.

So... you're going to blind your buddy when you look at him, as he's possibly OOG?

You'll never hit your head with those big yoke knobs sticking out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom