Cave diving at Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elbuzo

Registered
Reaction score
I´m planning a trip to Belize in august and i´m wondering if is here any possibility to make some cave diving there .

Anyone know about it ? . I guess there must be some diveable caves there and maybe some technical diving center.

Any advise or recommendation will be greatly appreciated

El buzo

When I was in Belize a few years ago, I heard there are some cenotes on the mainland, but not much else about them. I don't think you'll find anything like Mexico has. Most of the dive ops are on the cayes. You might want to contact peterbj7 here on the Board. He owns Protech Divers on Ambergris. It's the only tech op there that I know of.

There are some sea caves that have been dived in the past, but there's no regular cave diving at present. There are also some inland caves (like cenotes) that may not ever have been dived. I've been into a couple of sea caves 100m or so and could have gone further had I been better equipped.

I run the only tech centre in the country, and can support any form of mixed diving and many CCRs. I have limited cave-related gear. If you want to discuss specific requirements please PM me. My website is listed in my profile.

There is a cave system under Caye Caulker - my first husband and I discovered it in 1979. The first chapter in Sheck Exley's book "Caverns Measureless to Man" is about diving there. Don't know about current conditions, recommend contacting Protech Belize for info. There are also a couple of sea caves in front of Ambergris Caye. We also dove the inland Blue Hole during our time there.

Maya - please tell us about diving the inland BH.

Was in Cozumel recently to get my NACD Cavern Cert. We dove Dos Ojos on the mainland.

Would like to hear what caves are like in Belize when you get back,

I see that you are in the D.R., I was planning to go to Juan Dolio over the 4th. of July Holiday but had to cancel. How are the caves in that area?

Thanks,

Sy

elbuzo:
I´m planning a trip to Belize in august and i´m wondering if is here any possibility to make some cave diving there .

Anyone know about it ? . I guess there must be some diveable caves there and maybe some technical diving center.

Any advise or recommendation will be greatly appreciated

El buzo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom