Cave diver drowns - Jackson Blue Springs, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as basic facts are known like in this case then I don't see any need to wait any longer.
There are not asking a serious question. They wanna feel self important and don't give a **** about friends and family. This is like accident gawking were people claim it's for transparancy.
The NSS CDS published reports after the last accidents not too long after the accidents. I assume there is going to be a report about this one too. There would be value in discussing those reports, ... but than there are no condescending and demeaning jokes towards the victims in these reports, so they don't get as much attention.

Any comment here is purely speculative.
More facts are known and shared about this incident than many others.
Imagine how upsetting that could be.
This is not intended for family, and we even warn them about that.
Claiming there is any extra value in to discussing accidents in these pseudo analysis threads the day after somebody has died, is BS and you know it.
There is always value in discussing an accident. You seem to have an arbitrary time frame set for you. For many of us, that's much shorter or non-existent. I don't believe I ever used the word "extra", but you're upset. Some posters are more sensitive than others and it shows. You see tbone as "vile", and it's your right to have that opinion. Feel free to put him on ignore. In a private discussion with him, I rated his sensitivity on a scale between one and ten as steamroller. We're still good friends.

Assuming 'friends and family' of a passing diver, who doesn't dive, finds this sub forum the NEXT day seems like a bit of a stretch. If they do find it, most likely they were looking for it. The news doesn't 'wait' before reporting similar such things. The people that seem to have issue with this sub, should probably not frequent it. Personally, I don't have a problem with it, any of it.

Simply making the decision to dive at all, means that I've already made other decisions unknowingly. I'm ok with not making 2 deaths when there should only be 1. I'm ok with assuming I'm always really diving solo when it gets down to it. I'm ok with letting everyone make their own decisions. It just is what it is.

It's not clear to me if the deceased was stuck entering and couldn't back out. Or if he was managed to get past the offending tight spot (in good vis), turn around, and then get stuck exiting (e.g. perhaps unable to see the way he had entered).

My friend‘s son found the forum when his dad passed. He posted a few things about his and got some nice comments back. The forum anticipates that the family will find this forum doing a simple google search.

Right, because divers don't have friends that also dive. 🙄

I guess it wasn't crystal clear, but my response didn't include dive friends of victim, because I don't look at them in nearly the same way I would look at a non diving friend/relative.

It's not clear to me if the deceased was stuck entering and couldn't back out. Or if he was managed to get past the offending tight spot (in good vis), turn around, and then get stuck exiting (e.g. perhaps unable to see the way he had entered).

Based on conversations I had with people who were in the know for the recovery, it is my understanding the victim got stuck in the restriction and got wedged. Others may have more updated info on that though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom