Caution: Stolen Dive Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if i am not mistaken, this is a reasonably young English gentlemen who used to run an outfit in Pattaya called 'Siam Divers', apparently in partnership with a Nordic chap; the website is now defunct.

I had a strange experience with this op (very small hole in the wall job); the website bragged about being small in order to give the client better contact with instructors, thought i was doing a course with him personally, only to find out on the day that i had been sub-contracted out to an Aquanauts course...look in Pattaya

Can i say that i am shocked and having known dave ford personally i cant beleive he is the sort of person to turn to theft he must of been in some serious trouble to resort to theft. and whilst i am sorry for your loss may i just say that dave was the last person i would suspect of being a thief. their but for the grace of god...............good luck in resolving this matter and if i happen to see dave i will try to help.

perhaps you could ask him to post his side of the story

I asked around while I was in Pattaya last week. The local dive ops are all aware of this fellow, they indicated if he shows up in Pattaya the flag will go up alerting all to his whereabouts. He apparently was not all that popular when he left that locale, his Thai wife even less so. We need less of this sort of fellow running amok in SE Asia, give foreigners a bad name.

Very sorry to hear of this incident. Based on the fact that some of the equipment was sold on E-Bay by this individual, and that he and his wife have a "less than exemplary" reputation in her homeland, it sure sounds like the b*st*rd is guilty as charged.

he sold it on e-bay? I missed that sale. :( :D

Yes, everyone is on a lookout for him. He had contacted us admitted that he took the good without permission but with the intention of paying back.... i think that's pure bull****!!! taking things without permission is stealing in my dictionary!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom