Catalina (1/3) Dive-In & Bonfire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonyc:
Well everyone, I talked some with mo2vation about joining up for the dive. I live in Phoenix AZ, but would love to make the trip, I already have the weekend off work and approval from my better half :).

My dilemma is... as of now I can't find a buddy to join me. My wife and usual dive buddy has somehow got a herniated disc in her neck and although she is getting much better, diving is still on hold for her. The other people I know here that dive have other plans- like work etc.

I'm a new diver, only 15 dives, But I believe in self sufficiency underwater and the importance of being a good buddy! I don't want to join up with you guys though if I'll be imposing or holding anybody back. I would totally understand if you think I should not join up with you all/ Would not be offended. Otherwise, let me know if someone needs a buddy and I'll be there!

Tony.

Be there and we'll hook up. It'll be a kick it up time.

K

My, buddy may not make it, or he may. I dont know yet. Doesnt matter though, as I think there will be enough people that you can find a buddy or do a three person team. No worries!

P.S.: Anna, you will not be ugly! Leave that for us hairy apes!
tonyc:
Well everyone, I talked some with mo2vation about joining up for the dive. I live in Phoenix AZ, but would love to make the trip, I already have the weekend off work and approval from my better half :).

My dilemma is... as of now I can't find a buddy to join me. My wife and usual dive buddy has somehow got a herniated disc in her neck and although she is getting much better, diving is still on hold for her. The other people I know here that dive have other plans- like work etc.

I'm a new diver, only 15 dives, But I believe in self sufficiency underwater and the importance of being a good buddy! I don't want to join up with you guys though if I'll be imposing or holding anybody back. I would totally understand if you think I should not join up with you all/ Would not be offended. Otherwise, let me know if someone needs a buddy and I'll be there!

Tony.

I'm there for sure!!!!! Just look for a tiny little whaler anchored outside the park, near the coast guard can. Name on boat is "Stinky Tuna". Ill be using my OMS bp/red wing unit.

I'm also bringing 2 goofy buddies.

Kyle

I'll be there, of course. Wasn't going to let Mo2 stir the silt on his own...

Arnaud:
I'll be there, of course. Wasn't going to let Mo2 stir the silt on his own...

I resemble that remark... :bonk:

K

I'll be there with my buddy Glenn, so lets get an accurate headcount for next Saturday. It's going to be a kick a$$ time, I'd say!

Going:

Mo2vation
Dr. Bill
Arnaud
Kelphelper
Robertphillips5 and his buddy Glen
TonyC
Whalerkyle and two of his goofy buddies

Maybe:

kelpmermaid
socaldiver
czzzar
rteegarden

I think thats what we have so far.

Ana

Let's hope the bad weather is over. Yesterday (Christmas) was wet and very wild. Not a chance I was going down to the Dive Park with all that wind and rain (although one who did said conditions were pretty good!). Wind blew my telescope over and a heavy wooden rocking chair, pishing it all the way across a sheltered deck,. My underwear (hung out to dry) was probably blown all over town because it isn't there now. A plane crashed into Mt. Orizaba and there were two fires in town last night. On top of that, the electricity went out for an hour.

Dibe conditions today looked fair, but I'm not going in til tomorrow. I think I got spoiled by several weeks diving in the Sea of Cortez. However I've got my new Christmas presents to try out (a ton of dive gear at wholesale due to a gracious manufacturer!).

Hope the new year is better. See you all next weekend.

Dr. Bill

Back
Top Bottom